Flash settings for DX860g with YS-27DX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm a UW photo newbie. I've read and re-read the manuals for both my DX860g camera and the YS-27DX strobe that came with it.

Neither mentions the other and I remain confused. :dork2:

Which flash settings, both on the camera and the strobe am I supposed to use?

Camera flash settings include: auto flash; auto flash with red eye reduction; slow synch; fill-in flash; and flash off.

Strobe settings (not counting strength) include: off; "open circle"; and "circle with a dot in the middle"

What combination(s) of settings do I use? If more than one combination works, what the advantages/disadvantages of those settings?

Thanks.

HI fisheater-
The DX-860G has a preflash and to fire a strobe, the camera will need to be set on forced flash or the lighting bolt icon. This will trigger the camera's on-board flash and when set properly fire the strobe as well. The YS-27 will need to be set on "circle with the dot in the middle" as you stated. This is the correct setting for a preflash cancellation.

Thanks.

I'll give those settings a try.

Back
Top Bottom