Flat lens for GoPro Hero HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get that you guys have to make a living, but those little lenses are getting a bit steep.

Also, $6.90 (the cheapest shipping I could find on your cart) is ridiculous for shipping when my lens shows up in a plain white letter envelope wrapped in the sales receipt with no padding or anything. (at least the front end of the lens still had its little plastic cover on it...) You either need to start taking more pride in the way you package and ship your product, or charge less for it. At least double a thin piece of cardboard around it so that the postal machines do not destroy the envelope its in.

I do have one of your lenses, you did ship it in a timely manner, and it does work pretty well. Its been to about 90FFW and has not leaked yet, so kudos for that... I can already tell though that my lens will not last long due to accumulating scratches on it.

I know that GoPro products are the hot ticket now, but please come back down to earth on your pricing. Doing that WILL influence me to be a repeat customer.

Thanks for the feedback. When we iniially started selling the lens we were using simply an envelope. That was an error we remedied in a few days; we now use a padded envelope.

If you ever have a problem with any MAKO product, please give us a call at
540-361-1570. We pride ourselves in making our customers happy.

Thanks!
Dano

I had the GoPro down to 127' on Sunday with no issues. I am however seeing a lot of small scratches showing up also. (I'm pretty anal about protecting my camera and video equipment) So, I'm not real happy about that. Maybe you guys could sell me a spare lens at the old price since I bought the camera, the LED screen and am about to order a spare battery from you guys!! Thanks, Rick

Rick:

When you are ready to place your order, please do it by telephone and we will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Phone: 540-361-1570

Thanks!

Dano

NICE... I'll call you guys in the morning. (Six hour time difference!!!)

Wow I wish I had known about this before my trip to Key Largo two weeks ago. I will order one. I want a goodman glove too, got one similar MAKO?

Quick Question: I ordered the gopro and the whole shebang from Mako Spearguns, and I am very pleased with the transaction! I installed the new lens per the instructions on Mako's site. I took the housing and placed it in a tub of water to check the seal on the new lens and I noticed that some water was getting under the o-ring that is positioned under the lens. No water actually made it into the housing but it got me wondering if under pressure the water might leak in. Anyone else have this issue? Am I being paranoid or should I try to re-seat the o-ring and tighten it all down again. Thanks for your help.

I want a goodman glove too

Apologies for hijacking, but you gave me an idea...

I have not seen anything like that made for the GoPro yet, but since you mentioned it, I started thinking about mounting my camera to the side of my canister light's head on the goodman handle with the self adhesive quick release attachment. Depending on the size of your light head, you might have to use an extension, but it could work.

As a side note, I really do not like the GoPro wrist housing (the housing my flat lens currently resides in) for diving use, at least not over a thick wetsuit. Once my suit compressed at depth, the wrist strap loosened up excessively, so I had to tighten it to keep the whole thing from flopping around. Upon ascent, it basically started shutting off circulation to my arm when my suit "decompressed". There is proof that neoprene compresses at depth if I ever doubted it. Live and learn I suppose... It would probably be fine with a 3mm suit or lesser exposure protection. I have not had a chance to put it on over my drysuit sleeve, but I am curious how it will work out...

Hi everybody,

as owner and inventor of the original goforfocus lens, which had been copied by Mako, I need to announce that I´m holding a patend pending status for my lens. The USPTO number for that case is 29387406.
So selling this lens is a patend violation.

You can buy the original goforfocus flat lens at one of my dealers or straight from my webpage.

best regards

Patrick

Home - www.GoForFocus.com "The focus fix for the Hero HD"

Hey Patrick, just having a pending patent doesn't mean anything. It has to be finalized (2-4 years) and I'm sure MAKO did a freedom to operate as well before producing their product.

Board,
Can we stop posting on this dead HOT deal thread? Its for a flat lens for $16.95, but currently after shipping its $27.95. I completely understand materials/costs can go up and have no problems with the new price, but I need one and its VERY depressing seeing it every time I log on :) lol
:)blinking: Unless, we can bat our eyes at Mako for some sort of group buy :blinking: haha)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom