Flawed Halcyon Eclipse Integrated Weight System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasperchc

New
Reaction score
I bought the Halcyon Eclipse BC and on my first dive trip, i my weight which i placed in the integrated weight pocket fell out without me knowing it. After that experience i secure the weight by attaching it through the clip but the end result is the same, the weight keeps on falling out of the integrated weight pocket. The weight always ends up dangling on out of the pocket during dives.

I tried putting 2 blocks of weight into the pocket and the result is worst as now its even heavier and fall out more easily. I asked another dive buddy who is using the same BC and he too experience the same problems with his BC.

Is this a design flaw of the integrated weight pocket?

I bought the Halcyon Eclipse BC and on my first dive trip, i my weight which i placed in the integrated weight pocket fell out without me knowing it. After that experience i secure the weight by attaching it through the clip but the end result is the same, the weight keeps on falling out of the integrated weight pocket. The weight always ends up dangling on out of the pocket during dives.

I tried putting 2 blocks of weight into the pocket and the result is worst as now its even heavier and fall out more easily. I asked another dive buddy who is using the same BC and he too experience the same problems with his BC.

Is this a design flaw of the integrated weight pocket?

Which weight pouches are you using? Given the way they are designed I can't see how a weight can simply fall out:

12.100.010-ACB10_c400.jpg

12.100.020-ACB20_c400.jpg

Seems impossible, actually, assuming you have the buckles buckled properly.

I too had this happen once, But as I was exiting and noticed it I adjusted it and it was so long ago not sure what I did but it didn't happen again. I know you have to make sure that bucle part goes through the hoop of the weight pouch as pictured above. Also I don't remember if you can tighten the straps for some reason I am thinking you can't but if you can make sure they are snug.

Shortly after I ownerd the system I got rid of the weight pockets to make extra room and Got a set of Trim weight pockets(Non-Ditchable) but was ok for me. I had gotten a canister light so needed some room. But when I do not dive with I still only use trim weight as it is nicer (I think) with out the weight pockets there.

i am using the above and i am using it with the inner pouch.

Yes, the first time it completely fell off was because i did not have buckle part goes through the hoop of the weight pouch. After that experience i did have the buckle part go through the hoop but the weight still came out from the side of the opening. Refer to the above diagram where the red arrow is pointing.

Edit: image doesnt seem to work, refer to image at flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/30945731@N00/5564194863/

I believe Halcyon rectified this problem by inserting hard plastic sides into the weight sleeves so they wouldn't slip out. I would give H a call, I'm sure they will sort you out right away.

This happened to mine for the first time on one of my dives this weekend. I had run the strap through the loop as intended, so the weight stay attached to me. It was on my last dive, and I figured it might have happened during the giant stride entry, although I'm not sure. I normally take out the flat plastic inserts, as I thought they were just to maintain shape during storage, but on my next dive I was going to try leaving the inserts in.

the black plastic inserts are to remain inside the inner weight pouches at all times. this should alleviate the issues you are encountering. always clip the buckle through (inside) the loop on the inner pouch as some posters have already mentioned. as always, please do not hesitate to call your local halcyon dealer, or halcyon tech support with any questions :)

happy diving!!!

Last edited:
This also happened to me. The manufacturer sent me some black hard plastic inserts and I haven't had the problem since. (knock on wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom