Flexible but warm drysuit undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would argue that anyone coming out of the water soaked or uncomfortably and miserably damp in drysuit has other issues at hand.
Try gearing up in 20-25C and clear sun, then jumping into 10C water and spending close to an hour there, with some 8C at the bottom. No matter how dry your suit is, you're going to be damp. From perspiration.

The only way I can go through that is with a decent (i.e. wool) base layer. Even without having a leaking seal (which will happen if you dive enough) in 5C water, around-freezing air and half an hour back to shore.

As always, YMMV.

North American or Canadian might be the more appropriate term here
You're of course right, but that doesn't sound that funny :)

Try gearing up in 20-25C and clear sun, then jumping into 10C water and spending close to an hour there, with some 8C at the bottom. No matter how dry your suit is, you're going to be damp.

The only way I can go through that is with a decent (i.e. wool) base layer. Even without having a leaking seal (which will happen if you dive enough) in 5C water, around-freezing air and half an hour back to shore.

As always, YMMV.

You've just described Boston / New England summers to T! Or more accurately ~30C-32C air temperatures with humidity, 10C water on surface and 5c at depth. I agree with you it's not fun. All you want to do is get in the water. :) A good wicking layer is key here.

I guess damp is all relative. I'm still reasonably dry underneath after these sessions.

Thanks for thoughts. The Arctic expedition seems like it may be a good option - warmer than the regular arctic but still not too bulky. Am thinking that the Merino wool is a good choice for base layer.

Hal

I have both. I really like my Arctic Expeditions. They are basically a cross between Halo 3D and the Arctics.

Back
Top Bottom