Flight Advice for Lembeh, Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m going to Lembeh October 20-30 next year for a photo workshop and could use some advice on flying. I’m planning on flying Singapore Air from LAX to Singapore, and spending a night there. From there, what is the easiest/best route to get to Manado? Would I fly to Jakarta, and then to Manado? Do people typically have to spend a night in Jakarta due to the flight schedules? Any input you can give me would be great.

We flew LAX/Singapore. Spent 9 hours in the transit hotel in the airport. Singapore to Manado .Singapore air. Great service

You can fly direct to Manado or you can fly through Jakarta. It's obviously easier flying direct but flight times, availability, and pricing might be the decision maker for you.

SQ does not has direct connection to Manado from Singapore but its subsidiary Silk Air has.
You can book the connection through SQ.
The flight to Manado is NOT daily though.

Be advised that there are a few discount airlines operating in Asia and they have various track records for safety and service.

Great to go on Sing Air or Silk Air!

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom