Flooded Inon 2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im wondering if any one knows if the battery compartment is watertight? I drained it and put in new batteries and it works but the target light kinda flickers. Should I tear it down and dry the inside or do you think it stayed dry? MAx depth was about 50 feet.:shakehead

OMG another F??? Step away from the camera gear :(

When my strobe flooded and water got in the battery compartment it was a bad thing. It isn't, as far as I know, water tight, so it's toast or bread about to be...sorry...

Im sooo glad I got DAN a few months ago. Dove for 2 years without it. Something has to go right, dosn't it? Maybe it will be fine, just fine...

Wear a different set of fins when we go diving next week please...you have bad luck sticking on those....:(

I have had a run as of late....

I have only heard of one other Inon flooding............one of mine a couple of years ago! Mine was 100% user error (the o-ring was sticking out past the cap on the bottom). I would venture to say Inon's have the lowest flood rate of any on the market.

Dave

FWIW....mine was toast!

If it is toast, replace it with a Sea & Sea. The battery compartments on S&S ARE separate from the internal electronics. Just clean, rinse, dry, and get back to shooting.

This was user error also and Inons do have a seperate compartment. What I was asking was if it was water tight? It has holes for the electrical comtact to go though and then do seem to be sealed. Still flickering but still working this AM.

Add my Inon flood from earlier this year to the mystery category. I have no idea how or why. Our best guess is that the batteries built up some pressure when I left them in overnight (which I always do with no problems before this). Next dive, glug glug. Water every where including in the front - looked like a mini aquarium :D So could be user error for leaving the bats in or could be gremlins...

Mine only seems to have had water in the batt compartment, none in the front, but it is flickering. Keeping my fingers crossed and my DAN insurance handy. Still, remarkably few of these have flooded....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom