Flooded M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickydazla

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have an M1 that I got from a friend in New Zealand. The battery compartment o-ring went and it flooded. Is it likely to be repairable and if so where should I send it? I live in Fiji...

ricky,

The battery compartment is separate from the electronics part of the computer. If you were able to get the batteries out in a timely manner; you should be able to flush the compartment very well with fresh water. Try to clean all the contacts and compartment as well as you can. This should be all you need to do. Make sure the Oring and everything else is in good shape prior to taking it back in the water.

Well, blow me! I gave it a flush out and spray with some CRC and what do you know?

Nice1

Rick

Excellent!

rickydazla:
Well, blow me! I gave it a flush out and spray with some CRC and what do you know?

Nice1

Rick

"Note: Since CRC Lectra-Clean® is a strong cleaner, it may cause crazing or softening of some plastics. It is recommended that a small area be tested before using on plastic parts."

Probably not a great thing to use in contact with O-rings, but hopefully you got away with it once...

This is one of my favorite features of my M1 - I have unfortunately flooded it (didn't realize the O-ring was missing when I closed the "hatch") did 2 dives, found the problem when the battery read dead at the end of my second dive ... rinsed, put a new O-ring in (one in my save a dive kit fit) and it was good to go :D

Nice, another resuscitated Mares computer.

I just put two sets of AAA batteries in mine in the last 2 weeks. I am in Fiji and although they were Energizers (2 different boxes mind you) they could be old. Do you think this is more likely a problem woth the batteries or something to do with the flooding?

Sounds like it is going through batteries pretty fast. I would suggest you start with fresh new batteries, the brand shouldn't matter. General rule of thumb is a new set of batteries should last approximately 50hrs. This will of course depend on how often the backlight feature is used. Let's hope it is simply a battery issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom