Flooded my Dx-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I managed to flood my DX-1G and housing while in a rinse tank on a recent dive trip to Cozumel. I sent the the camera and housing to reef video and the camera to see of either item was repairable.

The camera was not repairable, but the housing tested OK. When I bought the camera and housing, I got two YS-01 strobes to go with it.

Since they don't make the camera anymore and I am not terribly enthused about continuing to use the housing even if I was to find a DX-1G to put in it, what do I do next?

I would like to find a "non-Sea & Sea" replacement camera/housing that would be able to accommodate the TTL strobes.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I know that you say that you are looking for a "non-S&S"-replacement; I don't know why because the successor of the DX-1G, the DX-2G is for its price a very good camera and some of the problems of the DX-1G seem to be solved. Compatible with your existing strobes and no learning curve. I am still very happy with the DX-1G.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom