Florida Dive Operators with user unfriendly policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainbow Reef bought Ocean Divers a little less than 2 years ago.
Time flies... it's been at least three years and maybe closing in on four.

Id love to go scooter the speigel go hunting for lost dive equipment off the wreck a bit there must be a gold mine there

Rainbow Reef bought Ocean Divers a little less than 2 years ago. Jupiter Dive Center? has not changed hands for many years.

Good to know. Thanks for the update. Well, that makes Ocean Divers even better then I hope. N

Id love to go scooter the speigel go hunting for lost dive equipment off the wreck a bit there must be a gold mine there

On the Vandenberg I saw three GoPros plus selfie sticks lost on a single dive. But I am sure there are plenty of locals with the capability to mine these areas regularly. I am sure they find plenty of GoPos, knives, lights and maybe a camera or two. N

I found a wrist compass and a bc weight pocket way up under the overhead section of the welldeck on the speigel was interested in the story of why that was where it was...

Well, it was some years back but I found a Nauticam with dSLR on the middle buoy sitting on the deck as I was returning to the stern buoy we were tied off on. There were no other boats and I was the last diver. As soon as I got to it I knew it belonged to one of the divers on the boat. Normally I would not touch another divers camera but something was not right so I took my lanyard and clipped it to the camera and then picked it up after securing my camera. I was at my first stop (I went into minor deco getting the camera) when I saw a diver splash from the boat. As he approached he saw that I had the camera. It was one of the crew and he motioned for me to hand him the camera. I shook my head no, no way I was handing off a $5,000 rig in nearly 200 feet of water, lol. I kept it until we got to the platform. Apparently the owner had an issue, he or his buddy, I never figured it out. I was thinking, man, I ought to claim freedom of the seas and salvage rights, lol. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom