Florida Dive Show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try talking to Rich stazewski at cruzan, he used to dive and has been wanting to get back into it, he might be able to help with that. I heard the crew on the morning Buzz (the people putting on the concert) were wanting to get certed too so if you cantact them they might be able to help (and give you some shameless plugs on air) might be able to get some advertizing through either one of them

val with those people i can only provide guidance since im not working with the dive show or any of the vendors there. if i had a little power with the vendors or the Show i could provide leg work but i need something to backup my legwork rather then a hey can you help them out, they MIGHT be able to help you guys out with whatever

If you can pull-off a public announment at the concert Saturday to generate traffic to the dive show on Sunday I would venture to say you will hear from Mr. Divechronicals provided his injuries sustained from meeting Neil the Eel heal nicely...:)

If you can pull-off a public announment at the concert Saturday to generate traffic to the dive show on Sunday I would venture to say you will hear from Mr. Divechronicals provided his injuries sustained from meeting Neil the Eel heal nicely...:)

Ahh i get to do alot of stuff at the Amp but i dont get to use the PA for stuff like that. I might get suckered into teching for one of the bands but i still couldnt do it under that circumstance. I like my job too much to go over the main PA when im not allowed that is like asking to get fired, thrown out, banned and possible assulted in a not pretty way

Ahh i get to do alot of stuff at the Amp but i dont get to use the PA for stuff like that. I might get suckered into teching for one of the bands but i still couldnt do it under that circumstance. I like my job too much to go over the main PA when im not allowed that is like asking to get fired, thrown out, banned and possible assulted in a not pretty way

I didn't say to pick-up a live microphone and start chatting away. The thought was more like Mr./Ms. Master of Ceremonies could you please make quick mention of the dive show taking place this weekend in order to promote the sport in our lovely area. Honestly Ryan, I may have to speak to your dean. Lol

I didn't say to pick-up a live microphone and start chatting away. The thought was more like Mr./Ms. Master of Ceremonies could you please make quick mention of the dive show taking place this weekend in order to promote the sport in our lovely area. Honestly Ryan, I may have to speak to your dean. Lol

Thats why i mentioned the morning buzz wanting to get certified. If there is gonna be a LDS that will be there to cert them and if they can get some tix they might be able to throw a plug like "hey thanks for coming to bakesale, tomorrow were going to be checking out stuff at the Dive show so we can get certified through "whoever" and explore the waters of florida now here is "whatever band"" infront of like 20+ thousand fans that would be a monster of a plug. Since they are with the people hosting the event (and one of the more popular programs on the station) they can do it. It would be bartering leverage, roughly a thousand bucks in training maby more if they include one of the main interns or more people from the Buzz (station manager other execs there)for a monster promo Plug

Thats why i mentioned the morning buzz wanting to get certified. If there is gonna be a LDS that will be there to cert them and if they can get some tix they might be able to throw a plug like "hey thanks for coming to bakesale, tomorrow were going to be checking out stuff at the Dive show so we can get certified through "whoever" and explore the waters of florida now here is "whatever band"" infront of like 20+ thousand fans that would be a monster of a plug. Since they are with the people hosting the event (and one of the more popular programs on the station) they can do it

You mentioned he used to dive which leads me to beleive he is already certified in which case a refresher class might be in order. I need to get back to my career in order to keep me in wine, women, song and expensive dive gear. The ball is out of my court at this point. :wink:

Nahh Scott that is one of the guys for the Amphitheater, he could possibly help with being able to hand out flyers or something. If they could get the people from the Buzz onboard then they would be better off just for the one show. If rich can get the Amp on board for being able to promote there then they could hit Wayfest, AFI in pompano and Bakesale for handing out promo stuff

Hi All, Just read this thread was planning on attending the florida dive show and they usually have half off coupons at Lds I haven't seen these around. I read in this thread No Photo Contest this year, Instead divemaster of the year, So nothing for the consumer only the dive Professional? Thought this was Geared toward the consumer? Also, Two years ago I believe this show was at the convention center and I believe it cost more than ten dollars to park and we had to walk a good way to get to the show. Not sure I'll be attending this year

The expressions on the vendors' faces expressed to me that they didn't really want to be there. To me, the show looked like it was poorly attended, maybe because it was held in the middle of the Christmas shopping season.

The expressions on the vendors' faces expressed to me that they didn't really want to be there.
You must not have seen me!

Look folks, if you ignore a dive show like this, it will simply go away. If you support it, it will flourish and grow! If you don't care about it, then why besmirch it? Why take the time out of your busy schedule to help it fail?

ScubaBoard will be there. ScubaBoard Stickers will be there. We intend on having a GREAT time. Feel free to join us or feel free to sit at home on the couch! It won't stop us from having a GREAT time! I hope to see you there!

I want to go to the show, but there is no information under schedule of events on their web page. I'm sure they must have something lined up by now that they could post.

Could the journalistic sleuths at Scubaboard get us some inside information on the seminars.:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom