Florida Dive Sites!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Connor Dreichler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I am newly certified in AOW as I've been OW certified for about a year. I did my AOW and Nitrox certification at the same time about 2 months ago. I live on the east coast of South Florida and now I am attending college on the west coast of South Florida in Fort Myers. I am making this post to see if anyone knows of any cool dive sites under about 80 feet deep. I don't really want to go any deeper than that yet because I am still brand new to deep dives. I don't mind driving an hour or so north or south if theres a worthy site! Also, if anyone cold recommend a good dive charter to go out with on the west coast. I also just bought my first full setup of scuba gear! I got an Aqualung Axiom BCD, Hollis 500SE second stage, Hollis DC7 first stage, a basic Aqualung octo, and a Oceanic Geo 2.0 computer.

Thanks, Connor

Try the Florida sub forum for local info. (under USA).

I've only been shore diving for shark teeth in Venice, but I've heard good things about Aristakat Charters, Shark tooth diving in Venice Florida for Big Megalodon Teeth, and Florida West Scuba,SSI,Naui,Padi,dive shop,sales,rentals,charters in Venice. They all offer offshore trips as well as shark tooth hunting dives.
The viz isn't great, but shore diving for teeth is fun and a cheap/easy dive :) The Venice Fossil Divers thread has tons of info.
There's also a Facebook group, Englewood Dive Club, that just started. They may be a good resource for West coast diving tips!

Last edited:
Spanish Rocks, bird key reef, boca grande shelf, boca grande phosphate dock, whiskey wreck, Perdido pass, vortex springs, Destin jetties, Pensacola reef, fort Pickens jetties, lauderdale-by-the-sea drift, bowditch point, Vanderbilt beach, red rocks reef, big pass, three piers, Donald roehr memorial reef, venice service club wrecks, bahia Honda park, dania beach, crystal river, ft Pierce inlet, Hudson grotto, John pennekamp marine park, manatee springs, North Deerfield ledges, pompano beach, sugar/molasses barge, Santa Rosa island, blue grotto, devils den, ginnie springs, Troy Springs, Ruth springs, blue springs, Madison blue

guess you're not much up on Florida geography.

Many people consider FT Lauderdale as part of "South florida". My apologies for missing "I'm going to college on the west coast".

Try the Florida sub forum for local info. (under USA).
What that guy said before.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom