Trip Report Florida Dive Trip June 27 to July 7, 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoyed the video and liked the photo of the yellow stingray in particular (really like those guys' intricate patterning and color). I think you mentioned the Spiegel Grove is the 3rd largest dedicated artificial reef in the world; I'm guessing the Oriskany is one of the other two? What's the other one?
Correct and The Vandenberg in Key West is just a bit bigger than the Spiegel Grove and is the 3rd.

Vandy is the second. SG is third.
Correct- sorry if I didn't make that clear in my response to @drrich2
I mentioned originally that the SG was the 3rd in my original post.
Richard assumed that the Oriskany was in the top 3 In terms of size- I agreed and added that the Vandy was bigger than SG, slightly:

In terms of size:

Oriskany #1
Vandy #2
SG #3

All in Florida

Thanks for sharing your trip and all the fun details. I haven't been diving in Florida for several years, and since international dive travel is non-existent right now, I'd like to go back to Florida. You've piqued my interest in the Blue Heron Bridge. I'm a solo traveler/diver, so I'm looking for dive shops that provide guides. What dive op did you use for Blue Heron Bridge?

Thanks for sharing your trip and all the fun details. I haven't been diving in Florida for several years, and since international dive travel is non-existent right now, I'd like to go back to Florida. You've piqued my interest in the Blue Heron Bridge. I'm a solo traveler/diver, so I'm looking for dive shops that provide guides. What dive op did you use for Blue Heron Bridge?
We used one of the instructors/guides from the dive shop in Boynton Beach we had been using all week for our tank fills. Her name skips my mind right now. But, you could contact the shop to find out and book: Home | Boynton Beach Dive Center | Boynton Beach 33435

Or you could contact E-Force Scuba which is located quite close to the Bridge and they will be able to help you also: Blue Heron Bridge Diving and Tides | Force-E Scuba Centers

The two shops that have the best guides are Pura Vida and Force-E Riviera Beach (my opinion). Those two shops are within 10 minutes of BHB and they literally have people diving the bridge every day. Their guides know where all of the cool creatures are at any given time.

Blue Heron Bridge Diving and Tides | Force-E Scuba Centers

Dive Blue Heron Bridge - Phil Foster Park Pura Vida Divers : Discover South Florida SCUBA Diving

We used one of the instructors/guides from the dive shop in Boynton Beach we had been using all week for our tank fills. Her name skips my mind right now. But, you could contact the shop to find out and book: Home | Boynton Beach Dive Center | Boynton Beach 33435

Or you could contact E-Force Scuba which is located quite close to the Bridge and they will be able to help you also: Blue Heron Bridge Diving and Tides | Force-E Scuba Centers
Thanks! I'll check it out!

I loved reading about your big adventure during these stressful times. I am not familiar with Florida diving. Not to put you on the spot, but if you had a week off, would you spend it in Boynton Beach of Key Largo?

I loved reading about your big adventure during these stressful times. I am not familiar with Florida diving. Not to put you on the spot, but if you had a week off, would you spend it in Boynton Beach of Key Largo?
If I had to choose one over the other then I would go with Boynton Beach. The diving is more diverse and the reefs are much, much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom