Florida recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnjhuz76

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there :)

if I'd like to dive some clear and warm waters (no cave or cavern diving, just recreational OC diving, 150 ft. max) in late August / early September, preferably inland lakes or springs, what would be a good place to go to in Florida?

Is the region north of Orlando around Ocala, Silver Springs etc. a good choice for that time of the year?

Thanks and best,
Peter

It's Goliath Grouper aggregation time in SE Florida
Yeah, The Castor out of Boynton Beach during the Jew Fish aggregation is a bucket list dive. (I refuse to call them Goliath Groupers for religious reasons).

I thought the aggregation season was August through September, extending as late as October during some seasons?

I am headed back down to Florida next week for a solo diving trip. Going to focus on the Pompano area this time. If I knew it was aggregation season I probably would have headed back up north. We were just there 2 weeks ago.

I thought the aggregation season was August through September, extending as late as October during some seasons?

I am headed back down to Florida next week for a solo diving trip. Going to focus on the Pompano area this time. If I knew it was aggregation season I probably would have headed back up north. We were just there 2 weeks ago.
The OP will be there at the end of August/early September, peak aggregation. Enjoy Pompano, seems like you are mostly a wreck guy

The OP posted:
in late August / early September

He's specifically looking for inland lakes and springs. Let's answer his question!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom