Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blagg, scott, JT and the rest really made it memorable.
Bland is his name. Blagg was on the Spree as Mate. JT is gone....

WOOPS - yes, bland... What happened to JT???

I was there last July. JT mentioned that could be his last trip. Captain Bland said that his last trip would be October last year.

You'd have to be quite an optimist to think a Feb trip will actually happen....sub 10% chance...don't waste your time.

I was afraid of that. But, since I live 20 minute drive from the dock, what the hey, I’d give it a try. I’ve been diving for 14 years and about 7 times in Flower Garden with Spree & Fling, always in the summer / fall time, never in the winter / spring time.

I was afraid of that. But, since I live 20 minute drive from the dock, what the hey, I’d give it a try. I’ve been diving for 14 years and about 7 times in Flower Garden with Spree & Fling, always in the summer / fall time, never in the winter / spring time.

In your case, it may be worth a shot. I have to drive in from Dallas/Ft. Worth, too much time/energy to waste on a very chance of an aborted trip, not to mention burning up valuable/limited vacation time too. If I had to fly in I'd definitely not take the gamble that time of year.

Rut Roh Raggy.... sounds like an involuntary separation

He worked for about 6 weeks after it was announced. Maybe there was a mutual parting of ways but certainly not a "you're fired, get off my boat" or "eff you, I quit" kind of parting. Last trip we worked together he seemed happy but all he really said was "new adventures". He had been there fulltime about 8 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom