• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Texas' started by kevindive, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Protondecay123

Protondecay123 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I'm doing a two day charter (Thursday Friday) with MV Fling in late June if all things align properly. Looks like fun!

Sushi Boy likes this.
  2. mcohen1021

mcohen1021 Manta Ray

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    It's a very fun trip. Just dont get too far from the boat. Have a good compass and take a reading at the mooring anchor.

Protondecay123 likes this.
  3. Protondecay123

Yeah, getting separated from the boat could be fatal. Hopefully my dive buddy will be on the up and up as well. I will be.

4. ReefHound

ReefHound PADI Pro

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    So many divers hit the bottom and begin racing out in all directions, just knowing there is something awesome beyond that mound in the distance. You don't have to stray far from the u-bolt to see cool stuff. There will also be a sight line from the u-bolt to the wall (morning dives) or sand patch. There is a lot of surface area within sight of those. You are a BIG and SCARY thing to most fish when you first appear. If you move slow and chill in one area, after awhile the fish become accustomed to your presence and relax. Let them come to you.

mcohen1021, Protondecay123 and couv like this.
  5. Protondecay123

That’s sounds like it’s right up my alley. I’m a “ reef watcher” from way back. Hopefully the conditions will oblige.

6. mcohen1021

mcohen1021 Manta Ray

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Yep. I do this. Generally, I watch other divers and let them find everything, then calmly check it out either up close or from a distance.

couv likes this.