Flower Garden Banks requests all visitors to sterilize dive gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's interesting, I never gave it much thought. We don't have many marine refueling stations near significant river-fed estuaries on the West Coast. San Francisco Bay and Puget Sound are the only two of significance I can think of but they are far from freshwater. Does mooring in these freshwater areas significantly effect the antifouling effort?
Yes, and anodes as well.

Thanks, I don't watch South Park with subtitles and all those kids speak funny.

I was reading some of the comments on the Fling FB post. One of them mentioned that Chlorohexadine, can damage the BCD bladder. What other treatment is available?

Keep looking at the Fling fb page. There is another solution, it takes longer.

Weather forecast says tomorrow's trip to FGB would be a go & I'm told to come early for the BCD dunking party. :(

Yes, and anodes as well.
Most of Puget Sound is 2-3.1% salt. (The open ocean around here runs around 3.2%.)

Some folks transit locks between Lake Union/Lake Washington and salt water. Other than that, you'd have to go pretty far up stream to get fresh enough to kill a marine critter. Most marine fueling stations are on salt water, at least the ones I know of. (With the exception of those on the lakes noted above.)

Yes, and anodes as well.

My boat just got switched to aluminum anodes for that exact reason. Supposedly they maintain their protective qualities when you keep making the switch from fresh to salt water.

We switched our supply boat for half aluminum half zinc. We’re ripping through the aluminum like it’s its job.

None of us opted to not doing the chloro hexadine dunking since none has been diving in Florida in the past month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom