Flower Garden trips CANCELLED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats not what a boycott would do. it would only take one year, one fiscal cycle, one tax season, to seriously stress the financial reserves of the operators. if every trip they plan from ... lets say october till may 2011 is less than half-full, they will likely approach the summer dive season of 2011 with a single, nearly impossible revenue target. if they don't meet it (i already know i'm not going to reserve anything through them) then they will hopefully sell the boat!

Wow. I for one will support the Fling and their trips...

Even shrimpers are giving up their day gig and working on the BP disaster for thousands a day. There should be a few spillionaires when this is over :)

I would just like to go on record as being thankful for the return of the Thanks button.

While I am not that interested in going to the Gardens(prefer rig dives) its a business decision for them.

The larger issue of course is the Gardens used to support 3 boats(remember the Sea Searcher). Now it supports really only one. Cost is certainly a factor but there are other issues thats for sure which probably didnt start just yesterday.

HUC trip got cancelled(was week of July 5). Got back the deposit refund today.

I want to dive flower gardens and have not made it.

I will be supporting the FLING and others in the dive community to promote all the active diving in Texas and the Gulf.

One day I too shall know the flower gardens thanks to dive operations like the FLING.

:popcorn:

Just my thoughts on this here situation. Everyone has the right to boycott whomever they want to. Thats ok. New scuba divers are getting certified every month and will pursue their dreams, and a lot of them will want to see the Flower Gardens. So probably the boats will book their spaces. If the oil doesn't get there first and maybe kill some of it. But maybe and I'm no expert, but maybe if the oil ruins all the spots for a while, the boats won't be taking anybody out there untill it clears up. How long would that take? So if they (and some of the fishing boat are too), help with the clean up now they will be a part of the cure and help ensure their future. If they get paid for it...wonderful. If were get inconvienced well dang far. Maybe we can get over it. If not load up yore flamethrowers and fill yore hands,pilgrims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom