flu-like symptoms two days after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like airplane flu to me. (Or dengue or a virus from the island).

I'm not a doctor but often play one because I've been sick many times.

"Physician heal thyself"

You possibly got the flu from another padsenger - on the flight home. Pressurized planes recycle a percentage of cabin air.

Sounds like airplane flu to me. (Or dengue or a virus from the island).

I'm not a doctor but often play one because I've been sick many times.

"Physician heal thyself"

There’s never a good time to be sick, but I was ecstatic it happened AFTER we finished all of our dives! Airplanes have become a giant Petrie dish. Just a Greyhound bus with wings. However, considering the timing I’m pretty sure this bug came from the island.

I always used wipes to ckean down my area on the plane, seat belt buckles and absolutely anywhere that i think I might touch something. And after washing my hands in the loo, I use clean tissue to open the door. Do I care if people think I'm odd, no I don't because when I forget to follow those procedures, invariably I come down with airplane flu.

I always used wipes to ckean down my area on the plane, seat belt buckles and absolutely anywhere that i think I might touch something. And after washing my hands in the loo, I use clean tissue to open the door. Do I care if people think I'm odd, no I don't because when I forget to follow those procedures, invariably I come down with airplane flu.

I’m considering one of these, but getting through those pesky TSA checkpoints could be problematic...

704BCDCB-FC0A-4199-84EE-16FDDC2DF428.jpeg

You should wear it now so as not to contract from your wife. I'm surprised at you.

Ahhh the joys of flying. You might as well be tongue kissing everyone on the plane....

Safe travels,
Jay

What! :D Actually if he would just get his FREE flu shot...

Troll! I did conveniently exclude that minor detail from my original story. For years I have refused to take a readily available free of charge flu shot. There!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom