FMT- Cylinder position when near empty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use faber galvy lp85s. In fresh water at 600psi, they aren't floaty in the tail, nor are my wife's HP80s. The LP85s are close enough to getting floaty that they would probably get tail floaty when empty in salt water but I wouldn't know.

The Faber galvanized 85s are what I have. Freshwater.

Look it’s you’re dive setup and especially when you come to sidemount you find that people begin to setup their gear differently. I think going pass 6” hose is way to long but it’s your choice. I personally wouldn’t have it but that’s up to you. I would say across the board with wetsuit, drysuit, even in a birthday suit the norm is 6”. I wouldn’t go out and start buying every single little thing though. I think you getting a new system and another sidemount class will help out beneficially. The main reason why I say taking the class again is because most sidemount instructors teach on one platform and know how to properly fit you.
Yeah, so many different opinions. I’ll definitely take another class when I switch to a new system. With the nomad, I want to take my time and experiment with what works and what doesn’t so I know what I like. I’d like to go into a new system with some historical knowledge. I have a year off of work. Nothing better to do lol.

I found 6" rubber SPG down fine with 10mm wetsuit. Whether they might eventually break from bending each time I look, I do not know. I have 9" as well in a box that I do not use. (though rjack321's breakdown is a useful one.)

For surf entry, go SPG down as I found SPG up gets in the way of reaching down the body to quickly get fins on and off.

I have found my white markings on black face SPGs easier to read than the black markings on white face.

second best. The best is a mirror
For tank trim in "live action" yes for watching how you kick and etc I would disagree. cause with the GoPro you can rewind it and get a full picture on a laptop.

Yeah, so many different opinions. I’ll definitely take another class when I switch to a new system. With the nomad, I want to take my time and experiment with what works and what doesn’t so I know what I like. I’d like to go into a new system with some historical knowledge. I have a year off of work. Nothing better to do lol.
Yeah there are so many systems, xdeep, razor, dive rite nomad, halycon, hollis, ultimate sidemount system, and etc... Luckily I would say a good amount of sidemount systems out there have made it easy to fit a system to someone.

Honest question: What benefit do you think you would get from taking a sidemount class for the second time?

Honest question: What benefit do you think you would get from taking a sidemount class for the second time?
Whole point of the class is to teach you about the system and what features you can do and how to properly fit the system. If you did not dive for 10 years would you say “I don’t need a refresher.” I would hope not. Sidemount especially in the past 10 years has grown hugely including equipment and skills. It’s just all about finding the right instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom