fog on lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LULA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a problem that most of must also have, when the temperature of the water is much colder than the housing, when there are thermoclimates the housing lenses port gets like foggy (I dont know the word in english) I've tried to put silica gel inside the housing , tried to get it fresher with wet towel or in some boats bring it underwater but sometime it still hapens.Can you tell me about your experience with this.

Thank you

how large a silica gel are you using? Where are you loading the camera into the housing? What kind of camera and what kind of housing??

I haven't had this problem, but some cameras generate more heat than others. I also use large silica gel packs that often come in shipments of some kind (large like 2" X 2")

I use a Ikelite housing, I usually load the camera into the housing in the hotel room or at home.Sometimes like the last time I was in Cabo de palos in Spain the humidity was very high.I use some small silica bags.The dome port in my housing attaches to the camera inside the housing with a sponge o-ring, so i dont know if the silica in the housin has any effect.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom