Folding ScubaPro Evertec Drysuit for Transport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melicertes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I need some advice on properly folding the ScubaPro Evertec Drysuit for transport.

My previous drysuit had a rear zip going horizontally across my shoulders and "rolling" the suit up from the feet towards the neck provided good thickness for the zip to bend over when I folded the arms over the rolled up body part of the suit. I never felt that there was any significant risk of bending the zip at a sharp angle because of the way the zip ran over the shoulders of the suit and around the thickness that the rolled up body and legs created.

My new Evertec drysuit on the other hand has a diagonal, front zip running from my left shoulder to my right hip and the last six or so inches of the zip on the hip bends around towards the back. That last six inches of a bend really concerns me even when I lay the suit down to fold it carefully because I fear the zip could be damaged because of the possibility to bend it too tightly (even just laying flat on the ground makes that bend "collapse" to what very easily could ruin the zip IMHO. I have looked at the manual that came with the suit as well as the manual available on the ScubaPro web site for this suit but nowhere is there any mention made of how to properly fold this suit for transport.

1. Can someone provide me with a clear explanation of how this suit should be folded for transport so that the zip is not put under undue stress or risk? If there is a YouTube video or something showing this I would be even more appreciative; I am more of a visual learner :D.
  2. Right now the only way I can see to safely attempt to "roll up" the suit is to lay it flat on the ground whereas with my prior suit I could stand upright, grab the suit by the ankles and fold/roll it downwards as I pull the body up from the ground. I could use a small tarp to stand on to keep the suit from picking up dirt from the ground when doing this but the Evertec seems to force me to let it lay flat on the ground if I have a hope to try and protect the zip while rolling/folding. Is there some kind of trick of the trade that the masters know to make this simple and easy without needing to cart a whole dressing stage with me to the dive spot?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom