Follow-up on Flooded Sunpak G-Flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open sensor. I rechecked it in the kitchen last night, lights on, and it worked fine. I'm wondering if the diffuser had anything to do with it. The last one worked fine even with the diffuser spun around over the sensor. I did get some pretty black pictures, so maybe the other strobe wasn't positioned where the light got there on the ones I missed. I'll try it again this weekend and see what happens. Got my Sea & Sea 16mm Nikonos WA lens today that I bought on e-bay (50 pounds+postage) so maybe I'll try them together.

Sounds like the reason I opted for the cable for mine. The ambient light was too bright and sometimes the strobe would fire, other times not. Good luck on the next try.

Which cable do you use? I'm getting frustrated, and I think I'm ready to go the fiber optic route. I know Fantasea has a cable for the G-flash for about $35 but I don't know how the other end will attach to my Oly strobe as the master. I'd rather not run it from the built-in flash to preserve battery and utilize the Oly strobe's ttl feature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom