Food in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny Canoe closed early this year i'm affraid. There's Indigo just across the roundabout from Wyndham. It has very good Sushi and a pleasant atmosphere. The other Hotel complexes are walking distance East along Bay Street. They all exhibit higher end restaurants that are very nice. To the West, Velaggio's should have just about finished their refurb by Nov 7th. They're in Caves Village (approx 4 miles). Very nice Italian, although too pricey for every night. Just before the Caves is Sandy Port Village (About 2 miles) situated there is what always used to be called the Oyster bar. (not Blue Oyster!) There's been a few changes in management recently (if not name) and i am able to say i eat there regularly and always enjoy it. They often have a jazz band in on a sunday too!
The Jitney is an excellent way to travel inexpensively by day. Given the current financial climate round here i'd take a cab after dark (people are becomming desparate). I don't want to dampen any hopes but do please be aware of your environment.
I was out with Cove's on sunday on glass clear sea. There were three of us on the afternoon shark dive. Given the small group and the calm conditions Jess the feeder and Jon the photographer talked the captain Johran into performing the feed at the Ray of Hope upon the Stern of the ship! Wow! What a dive!
You are in for a real treat diving out here!
Have fun
Dan

Jonny Canoe closed early this year i'm affraid. There's Indigo just across the roundabout from Wyndham. It has very good Sushi and a pleasant atmosphere. The other Hotel complexes are walking distance East along Bay Street. They all exhibit higher end restaurants that are very nice. To the West, Velaggio's should have just about finished their refurb by Nov 7th. They're in Caves Village (approx 4 miles). Very nice Italian, although too pricey for every night. Just before the Caves is Sandy Port Village (About 2 miles) situated there is what always used to be called the Oyster bar. (not Blue Oyster!) There's been a few changes in management recently (if not name) and i am able to say i eat there regularly and always enjoy it. They often have a jazz band in on a sunday too!
The Jitney is an excellent way to travel inexpensively by day. Given the current financial climate round here i'd take a cab after dark (people are becomming desparate). I don't want to dampen any hopes but do please be aware of your environment.
I was out with Cove's on sunday on glass clear sea. There were three of us on the afternoon shark dive. Given the small group and the calm conditions Jess the feeder and Jon the photographer talked the captain Johran into performing the feed at the Ray of Hope upon the Stern of the ship! Wow! What a dive!
You are in for a real treat diving out here!
Have fun
Dan

Thanks for all that info... I will make sure we are careful. Shame people have to be that way. Hope the seas are as calm as they were for you... There is a reason my nickname is pukegirl. :) I would love to do the shark dive on the ray of hope!!! Maybe we can convience them. I've done it over just sand before with them, but what a photo op that would be.

Thanks again,
Jill

Thanks for all that info... I will make sure we are careful. Shame people have to be that way. Hope the seas are as calm as they were for you... There is a reason my nickname is pukegirl. :) I would love to do the shark dive on the ray of hope!!! Maybe we can convience them. I've done it over just sand before with them, but what a photo op that would be.

Thanks again,
Jill

Hi Jill,

I have the sea sick thig too. The system I've been using lately That's worked the best for me is to eat a light breakfast (1 scramblled egg w/ a little ham) have a coke and chew 2 Bonine tabs an hour or so before the boat trip. If I do this, I'm good to goall day. This has served me well even in 4ft seas. You can givr Bonine at any pharmacy no perscriptioin needed.

Hope this helps...:D

Hi Jill,

I have the sea sick thig too. The system I've been using lately That's worked the best for me is to eat a light breakfast (1 scramblled egg w/ a little ham) have a coke and chew 2 Bonine tabs an hour or so before the boat trip. If I do this, I'm good to goall day. This has served me well even in 4ft seas. You can givr Bonine at any pharmacy no perscriptioin needed.

Hope this helps...:D

tHANKS for those thoughts. Yes, I have found a light breakfast (no greasy stuff though) helps. I have scopolomine patch which worked great in Roatan and the NEW thing that I found..... get ready.... Pepto chewables - 2 in the morning and 2 at night. It got me through the whole trip and the CHOP in Roatan beat anything in the keys I've been up against. I'm crossing my fingers as usual. Sucks loving diving so much and having a crapy stomach!

Jill

Hey Jill, carry some saltines with you on the boat and snack on them regularly. I keep mine in one of those Lock-n-Lock containers, they have a tall one that fits two sleeves of crackers perfectly. I literally get nauseous just looking at the outside of one of those ride simulators when it's in motion so I understand the frustration of queasy. I have to go through a whole regimen to keep me from getting seasick on a boat and the saltines are a big part of it. I've spent all day fishing on Lake Erie in 4 foot waves felt fine as long as I stick to my regimen. Leave out one part and I'm tossing my cookies BTW I don't recommend Arby's ham and cheese croissants prior to getting on a boat if you're prone to seasickness :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

I like Compass Point. Awesome coconut french toast! :)

An excellent recommendation too.
icon14.gif

Mmmm.. i missed those two. the view from Compass point is nothing short of stunning when the sun's setting.
If your that far out you might drop into The Stone's Throw. Turn left up the hill just after Travelers Rest from the direction your comming. It's a "boutique hotel". Very stylish and also has Kodak views. A real old world colonial feel to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom