For a good Hogarthian article

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr:
Enjoyable article. Bill is a real good guy,and his mind is always thinking about streamlining and simplification. Last time we were diving he showed me he had moved to half moon d-rings and suggested where I could get them. I told him that the bigger d-ring was better when I have to carry 3 or 4 stages,which led to another discussion on carrying multiple stages. I will give you a sneak preview. The NSS-CDS annual workshop in May 2006 will be the History of Cave Diving,a goal is to do the history of Hogarthian diving with Bill.

No promises but I sure would like to get there. I've only talked with Guys like Mr. Main, Flanagan and the rest via the puter and I think it would be a blast.

BTW, I understand that naming the rig "Hogarthian" was as much as a joke as anything else. I forget who was supposed to have coined the name but...truth?

StSomewhere:
JeffG, truth be told I was trying to pull Mr. Aleman's chain, I must've tugged yours by accident. :)
Chains are there to be pulled :)

Nothing new about the minimalist phylosophy and redundancy as applied to diving systems management, that's all.

(Sadly, the "Hogartian" namesake no longer caves; his lack of responsibility doesn't alleviate the sadness and remorse...)

daniel f aleman:
(Sadly, the "Hogartian" namesake no longer caves; his lack of responsibility doesn't alleviate the sadness and remorse...)

Whatever. Like you would know. :05:

daniel f aleman:
Nothing new about the minimalist phylosophy and redundancy as applied to diving systems management, that's all.

Last I heard Bill Main is still an active cave diver and is listed as a current dipolder guid.

MikeFerrara:
Last I heard Bill Main is still an active cave diver and is listed as a current dipolder guid.

Mike, I think that he is talking about William "Hogart" Main... not William Hogarth Main. :05:

Stephen Ash:
Mike, I think that he is talking about William "Hogart" Main... not William Hogarth Main. :05:

Ahhh...I see.

MikeFerrara:
Also Alachua and Hart guide too. He is is very active.

I meant in the sense that he's out of the game - Main just stays within the saftey zone and doesn't push it; that's what he said at at the last NACD.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom