For all divers, especially cavers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen:
Probably, like most of us explorers in the early 90's we all used air. I remember doing 300 Ft plus dives on air, with only air for deco.
QUOTE]

Did you guys even know what partial pressure was back then?

Curt Bowen:
Deep air is not dead yet, even though it would be nice if it was. If helium is not available, I will still do 200-240 on air if needed.

Remember they shot the show in 1995, not 2005.

Thanks for that post Curt, reading all those other comments made me feel like such an old timer..

jtivat:
Did you guys even know what partial pressure was back then?

(sighs)

no, they only invented Partial pressure recently..

Rookie_J:
is this the show where the one fella was recovering from a cold?

if so, i saw it and could'nt help but think, why?

Yep, and he's the one who didn't make it. The funny thing is that throughout the dive, it appeared he was ok when they reached 250 feet, but when it came time to ascend, he continued to sink. Could it have been he was too narced to start swimming up before venting off his dry suit? Perhaps, but we'll never know. His dive partner swam down to get him to 280 ft, but he had already passed out and spitted out his reg. It was his fourth dive while his partner had already done 20. Pitty!

Back
Top Bottom