For divers with 19cf Pony Bottles, weight distribution and reduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
how much weight do you pull off your belt when you use your 19cf PB and how you distribute the weight on your belt once you have the PB on one side, I know it is a little different between divers but some hints will be useful.

Thanks.

how much weight do you pull off your belt when you use your 19cf PB and how you distribute the weight on your belt once you have the PB on one side, I know it is a little different between divers but some hints will be useful.

Thanks.

Once I'm in the water, I don't notice the pony (19 cuft, slung). Where I place weights doesn't change.

2 pounds from the left side, where I have the pony worn like a deco bottle. I was kind of overly negative before I did that.

I do not pull any weight off and I barely notice it is there - so no I don't do any weight distribution. YMMV

I don't wear any weight, and I wear my pony mounted behind, like a set of doubles. It doesn't throw my steel 100 off much.

In warm water gear I may not wear any weight. At most a couple of pounds off from what I may have on for the pony. I sling the bottle left side. Not really noticed much. My warm water wing is weight integrated.

N

Between the steel backplate and tank I don't have any extra weight on a belt so no adjustments needed. And like Basking Ridge Diver and JohnN I don't notice it in the water and it doesn't seem to affect my trim. If the pony makes you overweighted, then consider removing a pound or two from that side. But remember, you need to stay weighted enough to hold a safety stop if you lose that weight by either using it or handing it off to another diver.

Last edited:
Last weekend, I dove with a 13cf on the side of my plate as a suit bottle, and a 40cf slung. Both left side (right side clear for long hose). No "offset weights", and no stability (roll) issues perceived.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom