For Michelle who left us May 17, 2003 Diving Farnsworth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rosie davies

Reaction score
It has been 5 years since we lost our Daughter at 25, one week before her graduation. She would have been recieving her law degree from USD. Her focus was environmental law.
I want to let everyone know that we miss her terribly and that the pain of losing her is not gone, but you do learn to cope and your life goes on however, it is never again the same. I am happy that I am allowed to bring up her memory here, the place she loved the most among divers. Its been awhile since I have written here at the scuba board and I was very happy to see how great this site has become, especially all of the open dialogue on safety and good health in the diving community. So, like I said tomorrow it will be 5 years Michelle, we miss you and love you and you are always in our heart and to all of you divers be safe and if you dive with a buddy remember to talk about your capabilities before your dive and make sure you understand each other.

Jim,
I'm sorry but, you have the wrong Davies family so there is no need to apologize. I would hate for you to think that some else lost a child.

Rosie,

It is good to see you here again. I hope you find the time to visit us more often.

I have recalled your earlier posts to other board members, in other threads, when the subject comes up regarding bad buddies and the fact that a bad buddy can be fatal.

We continue to remember Michelle, and remain filled with sadness that her buddy could not come through for her five years ago.

Your life will, of course, never be the same in Michelle's absence, but I hope that you can continue to remember the many happy times and allow these memories to be your tribute to your daughter.

May peace be upon you and yours,

Doc

I did not know your daughter, but your post brings tears to my eyes, I will learn more about Michelle and I give you my prayers ..

Hi, Rosie. First, my very sincere condolences. I can't even begin to imagine your grief. :(

I wanted to post here to let you know that I have just finished reading about what happened to Michelle, and I am very grateful to you for posting here each year.

Being a new diver, and one who's determined to learn from other divers' accidents, I think I have taken away the appropriate message here: when you dive with an insta-buddy, you are basically diving solo if you have an emergency. If you aren't prepared to handle emergencies solo, don't dive with an insta-buddy.

Great lesson... I will never forget it, nor the person I learned it from. Thank you. :)

My heart goes out to you, Mrs. Davies. I'm so sorry.

I did not know your daughter, but I read about her diving accident later that year.
I've thought about her often when I accepted the responsibility to buddy with a new person I'd not dived with before. I watch buddies like a hawk as we descend from the surface, thinking to myself, "if anything is going to go wrong at the start of a dive, it's likely to be now." Knowledge of Michelle's accident changed my diving, and continues to do so.

Thank you for helping us remember your daughter, remember safety, and remember the buddy's purpose: Get home safely after the fun of sharing a good dive.

~~~~
Claudette

In Michelle's memory we just became sponser members, this is a great community serving everyone who loves to be below the sea. It made our day a little easier just knowing we could mention Michelle's name out there once again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom