For Sale: A Dozen Scubapro MK 5- 109 Adjustable Regulators! $75.00 Each. Rebuilt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFoot-Daisy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Scubapro Mk5 - 109 Adjustable Regulators
Completely Cleaned & Rebuilt
Used
The bullet proof reliably of the Scubapro Mk5 - 109 Adjustable regulator can only be described as legendary. The Mk5 first stage features an air balanced, flow through piston that has set the standard for all high performance piston first stages. The 109 Adjustable second stage features a classic downstream valve that is diver adjustable to suit individual preferences and diving conditions. We could write columns on this classic Scubapro regulator, but you probably already know it's reputation or you wouldn't be reading this.
We acquired a dozen Mk5 - 109 regulators that had been used in a dive store's instruction program. The chrome shows wear, especially on the end of the adjusting knob and the top of the yoke screw. We totally cleaned and rebuilt both the first and second stages.
The rebuilt Mk5 first stage features a new Cave Cone HP seat, urethane piston o'rings and a new filter. All other o'rings were replaced both static and dynamic. There are 2 low pressure swivel ports and one high pressure port. The high pressure port has an adapter to convert the original 3/8"-24 threads to 7/16"-20 threads. The intermediate pressure locked up between 135 psi - 145 psi on all first stages. It is important to note that the swivel retainer on the Mk 5 first stage is the original brass retainer and not the stainless steel version that was used later.
The rebuilt 109 Adjustable second stage features the new Duro poppet assembly and all new o'rings. The silicone diaphragms and exhaust valves were in excellent condition and were not replaced. The cracking effort on all second stages is between 1.3 -1.4 inches of water. All lubrication on both the first and second stage was done with 129 ChristoLube.
In short, these classic regulators are like new inside and only show their character on the outside. These regulators would be ideal for instruction classes, Scuba introduction: "Breathe Underwater Night", or in a rental program. We are offering these Mk5 - 109 Adjustable regulators at a price of $75.00 each. You can buy one or more based on remaining inventory at this price. The shipping cost on one regulator is about $12.20 (USA) in the USPS postal medium flat rate box. Shipping can be combined on multiple regulators. Pay Pal only.
Old Mk5s (10) 2.jpgOld Mk5 -109.jpg

---------- Post Merged on July 30th, 2012 at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 29th, 2012 at 08:12 PM ----------

Updated inventory is 11 Scubapro MK5-109 Adjustable Regulators for $75.00 each.

Scubapro Mk5 - 109 Adjustable Regulators
Completely Cleaned & Rebuilt
Used
The bullet proof reliably of the Scubapro Mk5 - 109 Adjustable regulator can only be described as legendary. The Mk5 first stage features an air balanced, flow through piston that has set the standard for all high performance piston first stages. The 109 Adjustable second stage features a classic downstream valve that is diver adjustable to suit individual preferences and diving conditions. We could write columns on this classic Scubapro regulator, but you probably already know it's reputation or you wouldn't be reading this.
We acquired a dozen Mk5 - 109 regulators that had been used in a dive store's instruction program. The chrome shows wear, especially on the end of the adjusting knob and the top of the yoke screw. We totally cleaned and rebuilt both the first and second stages.
The rebuilt Mk5 first stage features a new Cave Cone HP seat, urethane piston o'rings and a new filter. All other o'rings were replaced both static and dynamic. There are 2 low pressure swivel ports and one high pressure port. The high pressure port has an adapter to convert the original 3/8"-24 threads to 7/16"-20 threads. The intermediate pressure locked up between 135 psi - 145 psi on all first stages. It is important to note that the swivel retainer on the Mk 5 first stage is the original brass retainer and not the stainless steel version that was used later.
The rebuilt 109 Adjustable second stage features the new Duro poppet assembly and all new o'rings. The silicone diaphragms and exhaust valves were in excellent condition and were not replaced. The cracking effort on all second stages is between 1.3 -1.4 inches of water. All lubrication on both the first and second stage was done with 129 ChristoLube.
In short, these classic regulators are like new inside and only show their character on the outside. These regulators would be ideal for instruction classes, Scuba introduction: "Breathe Underwater Night", or in a rental program. We are offering these Mk5 - 109 Adjustable regulators at a price of $75.00 each. You can buy one or more based on remaining inventory at this price. The shipping cost on one regulator is about $12.20 (USA) in the USPS postal medium flat rate box. Shipping can be combined on multiple regulators. Pay Pal only.
Old Mk5s (10) 2.jpgOld Mk5 -109.jpg

That's not a bad deal considering that's the price of an overhaul/service. Good reg.

Is the 109 the 2400 or the 3000 psi version? The 3000 would have been stamped on only one side. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

There wouldn't be one for 2400, there would for 3000. Since the sellers photograph only shows one side that is why I am asking. There are some photographs at MK 5 if you'd like to see what I am talking about, and I am sure there are folks on these boards with far more knowledge of the MK 5 product line in case I am not asking the question correctly.

I agree with you that this is a very good price considering the rebuild, I just wanted to know which generation of MK 5 it is? Perhaps that is a better way of phrasing the question?

- Manny :confused:

3000 PSI stamp.jpg

Last edited:
Only difference mechanically I can see that would not permit med-high pressure on a MK5 is the yoke: thick or thin. But, even this is not true because I have a thin yoke MK5 and it is stamped 3000 (early gen).

Are you assuming that unless it is marked that it is limited to 2400 service pressure?

Updated inventory is 9 Scubapro Mk 5 - 109 Adjustable Regulators for $75.00 each. The working pressure is 3000 psi on these regulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom