For TDI instructor- problem with on line TDI nitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Working the TDI Nitrox on line course and cannot get past this question. The exam keeps saying that the correct answer is wrong.

True or False: When diving with nitrox, a diver should not expect less narcotic effects due to the elevated oxygen levels may cause the narcotic effects also.

True – my answer. Correct answer – not given!

More recently the popular opinion is that, with nitrox, any reduction in nitrogen related narcosis will likely be offset by an increase in oxygen related narcosis, and therefore a diver should not anticipate any reduction in the overall level of narcosis when using nitrox.

Incorrect response to answer makes no sense.

Just for giggles I went in and put false. Wrong again! And you cannot move on until 100% correct is achieved yet this question and answer problem precludes that. Little help please.

Jim, I am not a TDI expert, but I have taken a lot of online tests. You might want to try deleting your cookies and then taking the test and trying false. Even though you don't agree with the answer, it might help you get through the test.
-Nolan

Im not familiar with the TDI online class but I know that PADI does teach that NITROX will decrease the narcotic effect. I don't believe this to be true as I see oxygen as a narcotic itself. I had argued this many times with a course director and the response I was given was this is for Recreational diving not tec. not that it makes a difference, he just had no other answer.

Im not familiar with the TDI online class but I know that PADI does teach that NITROX will decrease the narcotic effect.

Maybe they did, but they don't anymore. I took the padi online nitrox course in july and that was one of the questions, is narcosis reduced, and the answer was no for the reason Jim gave in his OP. Either way, knowing what the answer is or isn't doesn't help him if the system thinks both answers are wrong.

It does not matter what the book says. That's my point. To go on thru the course you need 100% on each exam in each chapter. So far no problems until this question in chapter 5. No matter what answer I put - true or false - it is seeing it as incorrect. Obviously there is a bug there that needs attention. Others may have run into it I don't know. The TDI on line classes are new. Maybe no one has run into it or if they have they are not on Scubaboard. Perhaps they worked thru it individually with TDI and TDI is working on it. My only issue is that it happened on a holiday weekend when no one is in to render assistance. And I frankly would not expect them to be. Just was hoping a TDI instructor or someone from HQ was checking in and could help out. I'm off this weekend so it was a perfect time for me to do the course.

So for now I'm letting it sit and moving on to the instructor crossover.

did you try true and false or something like that. or is it stated only true and false. and is there a skip button or reply skip. does not seem that your the first to take test.

Now that's what I call service! You had to have jumped on that the moment you got in. Thanks. At my real job now but should be able to finish when I get home this afternoon. Thanks, Dennis!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom