For the "Golden" Divers on the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My grandmother, who passed away last fall at just under 96 years of age, used to say, "Ahh the golden years; to bad everything has turned to rust!"

On an Indonesian live aboard last fall I dove with a group from Kissimmee FL. Most of them were over 50 and were NAUI certified as Grumpy Old Divers. For some reason they asked me to join, take a "course" and apply for the certification. I now carry an official NAUI Specialty Diver card "Grumpy Old Diver". It also serves as a cert for OW. So for a lot of dive trips I just play my Grumpy card. A web page and forum was/is in the works. It hasn't materialized yet. I am surprised this wasn't mentioned here.

The active ingredient in Grecian Formula is lead.

Really? That could help my trim.

How about "The Sages of Time?" Or "Leaking Hoses".....naw, that sounds like reg problems...lol
Chronologically Challenged
Older But Not Necessarily Grown Up
When Did The Hill Start Sloping Downward
Type a Little Louder...I Can't Hear You
Not Your Grandmother's Over 50
Club "Meds"
Dentures and Depends
Boomers and Above Club

Thanks, Anna. Not only do I look that young... I act much younger! There's hardly even a hint of gray on my head and the only wrinkles you'll see on my skin are due to being submerged too much!

How do you do it? I'm starting to look like an old baseball glove. Must be genetics...?

Well, when everybody can come to some consensus we'll change the name.

Anyone want to start a (SHUDDER ! ! ! !) poll on the proposed names?

Let it run for 3 or 4 days and then make a determination.

the K

How do you do it? I'm starting to look like an old baseball glove. Must be genetics...?

Partly genetics... my 83-year Mom still gets carded for the 55 senior discount at some places. Mainly it is just clean living... no drinking, no drugs, no cigarettes, no sex, no fun (at least not while anyone is looking). The only time my age seems to broadcast itself is when I ask a pretty young (say in her late 30's or 40's) thing if she'd like to have dinner.

I've seen a lot of geezers who can out dive the twenty somethings due to their lifestyle.

Well, when everybody can come to some consensus we'll change the name.

Anyone want to start a (SHUDDER ! ! ! !) poll on the proposed names?

Let it run for 3 or 4 days and then make a determination.

the K
Suggestions so far.....

The Real Divers
Fifty, The New Thirty.
Cincuenta, los treinta nuevos.
Been there - done that.
When you have been diving for 20+ years, tell me that again.
Not ready for AARP divers.
Senior Divers
Over 50 Divers
Closer to death than birth divers
OFDs
Vintage Divers
Golden Age Divers
Silver Divers
Chronologically Challenged
Older But Not Necessarily Grown Up
When Did The Hill Start Sloping Downward
Type a Little Louder...I Can't Hear You
Not Your Grandmother's Over 50
Club "Meds"
Dentures and Depends
Boomers and Above Club

Polls are a maximum of 12 so I've highlighted what "might" fit.....although more suggestions could be welcome! :D

The Mature Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom