For those who carry Solo-diver certification card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How useful has it been? How many times have you been asked for it on dive boats and quarries etc. Thanks.

Never and it does not work for the quarry in my area - you have to rent a pinger - so I never go there. There are plenty of lakes that require a dive buddy and no solo - so I abide by those rules. The viz is great and it is not a hassle to find someone that wants to dive.

NJ boats do not care if you are solo - they expect that you are self reliant and it is up to you to stay safe.

Vacation diving I have entered the water with 2 and come out as 1. I have not had an issue to date.

** added **
I have lent my card out to an instructor who did not have one and needed one... So one time it came in handy - he has not given me the card back yet... :)

Never presented a solo card or needed one yet.

Once I was initially asked for it in Ireland, a few minutes of chatting made it no longer needed.

I don't carry one, but I rarely dive in places with liability concerns.

Cameron

I have used it and needed it to rent a pony tank in Bonaire and for diving solo at sites in Bonaire that have an on site dive shop-- Like the Dive Friends locations at the Cliff and Bari Reef (Den Laman/Sand Dollar) dive sites.

Most of the time when I’m diving solo I look around and there’s nobody there to show my Solo Card to anyhow so I just go diving.

It’s a conundrum.

Year five of having my self-reliant card, have been diving across the Hawaiian islands, California, currently the Midwest. No one has asked...yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom