Force Fin Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lenardcheng

Registered
Reaction score
Hi SB Forcefin owners, Bob,

Can I ask how Forcefin Pros and Forcefin Originals are distinguished by visual inspection? Since they're identical apart from stiffness and new owners won't know the difference.

Thanks!

From what I read on the forums and other websites and Bob's posts, if the tag on the bungee heel strap says Forcefin (logo) PRO, it's a Pro, and if just Forcefin (logo), it's the original. Is that right?

20180411_225513.jpg

That is true, at least of the four pair we own. It should say Pro if it's a Pro.

That is true, at least of the four pair we own. It should say Pro if it's a Pro.
I think we stopped making two labels, to help cut cost. To make a pair of Force fins is over the hill, to the point I just tell folks buy some cheap fins on ebay, Jet fins great for new divers and cave divers. Divers and swimmers only want #CHEAP fins, the cheaper the better. I had no idea, wanting to make the best fin out of the best materials. Did I learn a hard lesson, should have made my fins out of bubble gum.

All those navy seals in pink . . . I rather like the image.

Seriously, though, if everyone had an attitude of why promote excellence when the world wants cheap products from companies that spend more on marketing than research and design, what a lousy world we would be sharing. Your fins are the best, Bob. Whether or not you got beat up for not playing the game does not take away from the fact that you created something no one else can touch. Keep fighting the good fight with your gas pods and other earth-friendly developments, but your fin fans don't dismiss those 40 years of work.

Last edited:
Oh, I dont imply at all with my inquiry that the fins arent worth it. In fact, I've been saving to afford these premium fins and after years have now decided I can sink some funds into them, hence my first pair.

I only asked because in other threads I've read about forcefin PRO labels, and ordered a Pro but got one labeled forcefin (without PRO). Being a new owner I have no other way of knowing which I am holding on to now.

Another concern is if I do trades in the future, if I will be able to substantiate my purchase.

In related issues, I adjusted the bungee cord, and in the process of following the online videos, introduced scratches while operating pliers to reclose the collar onto the crimp. Can i ask what material the collar is made of? If it is a rust resistant coating on top of a rust susceptible material, should i coat the collar with something to prevent seawater damage?

Also, tightening the cord revealed the tip which has the bungee fibres exposed (see photos). Should I use wax or silicone to coat the exposed area for preventing damage?

Attachments

• 20180411_224835.jpg
    20180411_224835.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 191

Back
Top Bottom