Force Fin ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone have any idea what model these FFs are? And when they were made?

I've never seen this red plastic before.

Signed by @Bob Evans so they must be great!

IMG_8555.jpg
IMG_8554.jpg
IMG_8551.jpg
IMG_8548.jpg

Those force fins are Ruby reds TAN DELTAS
As for the year I suggest you read The forums " Hey Bob , up date us on the latest "
It has good stories about the years of force fin material evolution
Very interesting .
Congratulations on your red beauties .

Those force fins are Ruby reds TAN DELTAS
As for the year I suggest you read The forums " Hey Bob , up date us on the latest "
It has good stories about the years of force fin material evolution
Very interesting .
Congratulations on your red beauties .

I was part of that thread. Nothing to hint at when the red ones were made. Seldom see @Bob Evans signature engraved on a fin. That’s why I’m asking...

Are mine Pros or Regulars?

Neither, they are tan Delta. As far as I know the difference between the regular and the pro is the stiffness of the material used.

Neither, they are tan Delta. As far as I know the difference between the regular and the pro is the stiffness of the material used.
The higher snap on the Tan Delta material. I signed a few over the years. The plant that made these Force Fins moved to The Peoples Republic of China. We were left with our one plant in Penn, who does not use this material due to higher cost in Production, plus they were all hand mixed. I have a good collection of all colors.

The higher snap on the Tan Delta material. I signed a few over the years. The plant that made these Force Fins moved to The Peoples Republic of China. We were left with our one plant in Penn, who does not use this material due to higher cost in Production, plus they were all hand mixed. I have a good collection of all colors.

Were the Tan Deltas stiffer than the Pros?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom