Force Fin Launch Pads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEARIT

Contributor
Reaction score
Bob
I have been going thru some of my packed-up gear and found a set of these, that you sent me back in the late 80's-early 90's. The instructions are with them but you could you provide some more info and if there is a market for them.
Thanks, Tom

Bob
I have been going thru some of my packed-up gear and found a set of these, that you sent me back in the late 80's-early 90's. The instructions are with them but you could you provide some more info and if there is a market for them.
Thanks, Tom
Need to see a picture Tom, Thanks Bob

Bob
Thanks, Tom
Captain Tom, let my friend TN Traveler have them..no one else. Did I give them to you ? Best, Bob

Bob, in return for your favor to me back in 1982, I will be happy to send him the launch pads. Yes, you sent them to me with some fins I had ordered around 1990.
Tom

Last edited:
Enlighten us all with some pictures...

Bob developed these, I believe, for the Cousteau Ocean Future Society dive team. There are several different blades that can be attached to the Launch Pad foot pocket. These are the OPS Blades (Oscillating Propulsion System). There were also Foil (split), Angel Wings and a standard FF Blade available (at least in theory). They never made it into full production. Blade angles can be adjusted by rotating them where they attach to the foot pocket. Here is a link to the old Web Page:

OPS - Oscillating Propulsion System

lpwithops284.jpg

Bob developed these, I believe, for the Cousteau Ocean Future Society dive team. There are several different blades that can be attached to the Launch Pad foot pocket. These are the OPS Blades (Oscillating Propulsion System). There were also Foil (split), Angel Wings and a standard FF Blade available (at least in theory). They never made it into full production. Blade angles can be adjusted by rotating them where they attach to the foot pocket. Here is a link to the old Web Page:

OPS - Oscillating Propulsion System

View attachment 409131
Thanks TN, I was asked by Jean Michel Cousteau to make a dive fin for his team. I did just that and a few outside friends were able to get a few pairs. Over $100,000 was spent on the project and patents. When 99 % of divers still are using Jet Fins/shoe fins/flat fins, was not worth my time to put the OPS into production. At this stage in life your going to have a chance to play with a very different Force Fin. nice view of Cousteau Divers..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom