Force Fin Pro vs Original Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NvScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am posting hoping to find out a little more information regarding differences between the Force Fin Pro and the Original Force Fin. I recently ordered a pair of orginal force fins for the wife and unfortunately they do not fit. Ordered the medium and she will need the medium/large to accomodate her booties. I have had a pair of the force fin pro for several years and absolutely love them. I am sure there are some minor differences however I cant see them between the pro and the original i'm sure the side by side is not accurate simply because of the size difference. between her fin and mine.

Anyway, I intend on returning the orginals asap and getting a set of medium large ordered however the location we purchased her mediums are out of stock on the medium large. Any suggestions on upgrading her to the pro version or keeping her in the orginal would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Both fins, or really all 3 fins, the Original, Pro, and TanDelta are really the same fin in different materials. That is really the only difference. The higher grade materials are moderately stiffer, but mostly the higher grade materials have more rebound (or snap). The combination of increased stiffness and rebound allows them to be marginally faster and more powerful.

In my personal expirience, most people prefer the Pros for diving, even though empirical evidence that I have collected has shown that the Originals are better for smaller framed people and people with no swimming background.

Thanks for the info. Now for round two of questions, and hopefully you guys are still reading this thread. I think getting her started in the original may be best since she is relatively new to diving and is developing kicking techniuqes, any thoughts from you guys on that? Also, do you agree with a one size up from medium to medium large? When she tried the fins on last night the medium with her bootie on resulted in a fit where the foot pocket was slightly forward of her arch (closer to her toes) and the heel strap was a challenge to get on when completely loose.

I am debating the medium large, or large, and am hoping for some insight from folks who know these fins better than me.

Thanks a bunch

S

as for sizing, what size foot? what type of bootie (sole and thickness)?

as for starting with an Original, I doubt she will ever need anything other than the Originals. She may want something more, but need... no

for fit, the top of the foot pocket should fit over the arch of the foot, not touching the ankle nor the base knuckles of your toes. they should not be tight at any point, I would probably describe the fit as comfortably loose, just enough to keep them on your foot is all you need.

Her foot is a ladies 6.5 and she has a couple of booties. Her preferred bootie is a Pinnacle with a thinner textured sole, her other booties are a set of scuba pros with a thicker sole that has a shoe-ish type of tread on them.

With the medium FF and the scuba pro booties we could not get the heal strap over the heal of the booties at all. We could get the heal strap on her wearing the Pinnacle booties however the strap was fully extended and there was no ability to tighten them.

Thus is my difficulty in deciding on the size between ML and L. Is there a substantial difference between the M and ML with regard to room in the foot strap area?

Thanks

its hard to say for sure, I don't have a lot of expirience with really small feet like this. maybe Blair can step in and help with this one. My guess would probably be a L plus the comfort instep to be safe. That will most likely let her wear the SP booties (without the instep) and the Pinnacles (with the instep). But its hard to say for sure without seeing each size on her feet.

In my view, the opinion of meesier42 is correct.
Hope you can understand my explanation (unfortunately I do not have a high level of English ...)
It is important to the kind of dive boots you use and that is the key to choosing your fins.
In my opinion,if the heel of your dive boots is out of the fin until 2-3 fingers, it would be the correct size.

Watch this link will help you choose the right size Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart

Do not forget that you also have this accessory instep_product

And as a picture is worth a thousand words, I show you several photos of what I say.

3548835082_6f17de715c.jpg

3548013399_69c60fc64b.jpg

In my opinion, in these photos you can see that the size of the fin is small and would not be appropriate or correct. (4 or more fingers)

3548004045_a1238f725a.jpg

3547994767_5363a720df.jpg

In this other photos you can see that would be the appropriate size (1-2, until 3 fingers)

Best,
Saludos
Jose

Back
Top Bottom