Force Fins Pro personal review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jet Fins are a fashion. A certain TLA agency endorses them, so they must be the best thing since sliced bread. Hence, the vociferous support.

Force Fins aren't 'trendy'... but those that use them, swear by them.

I hope your not saying that FF aren't DIR compliant? I have it from a senior guy at DIR/GUE that they are.

I hope your not saying that FF aren't DIR compliant? I have it from a senior guy at DIR/GUE that they are.
I can pretty well guarantee that they will have to do frog kicks well, to be DIR "allowed". All DIR divers in a team, have to have nearly identical equipment--they all need to be intimately familiar with the gear of their buddy--as much as their own. In deep ocean diving, when i would dive with George Irvine, Bill Mee and Jarrod, I could have a pass to wear freedive fins, but if we were to do a cave dive, I would absolutely be in Jet fins. If you watch some of the underwater footage of the power caves they do--like the free download of DIRIII you can watch, ( the big underwater cave video portion is toward the end of the video, after George finishes explaining the gear issues....you will see the inside of a huge aquifer, in some places thousands of feet wide, in some places, so narrow it is tight for divers to squeeze through. Viz is over 300 feet, unless someone kicks up silt..as they are 280 feet down, and well over a mile in ( thier record was over 3 miles in) silting up the cave could be a very life threatening problem--one that is prevented by avoiding the personal preference crowd of gear choosers, and mandating perfect skills ( including frogkick).
Here is one link to it: http://www.gladiusinv.com/dir3.wmv ( it will take quite a while buffer before you can watch..it is a 1 gig video

Regards,
Dan V

I think you are missing a 3rd major group

3. Competitive Swimmers- as the kick technique and stroke used in Force Fins so closely matches that of a swimmer without fins, a well trained swimmer loves them.

Force fins are like swimming without fins!?

I know that's what I want for scuba diving - fins that are like swimming with no fins! :D

Isn't that what the OP was saying?

Back
Top Bottom