Forgotten gear ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One dive at the river I began unpacking my gear looked over to the others and realized I had no tank. Luckily, the owner of our dive shop was with us and the dive shop is only a few minutes away, it was Sunday and they were closed but he could get in. He went back and brought me a tank. Other wise I would have had to snorkle and drift down river.

This one time at band camp.....

I didn't bring enough weight and ended up useing rocks in my bcd to properly weight myself.

On a boat dive i forgot my swim trunks to wear under my wet suit so i had to wear my boxers. Usually this wouldnt be to bad but i was wearing the tighest boxers that didn't leave much to the imagination and i had to change in front of everybody.

I think most of us have one of those dives where we've had to fill the pockets of our BC's to the point of overflowing, with rocks......did I just admit to that??..lol:)

Get all the gear on. Do the buddy checks. Shuffle to the side of the boat for the giant stride. Go to put my mask on... and realize I'm still wearing my sunglasses.

Once I forgot my fins when I was going to do some skills at our local pool with a dive club. Was quite amusing....
When I realised I didnt pack fins, we went back to mine, I looked everywhere - couldnt find them.
Decided to go anyway and borrow some of Bobs (the owner of the club). Arrived, asked to borrow some fins and he handed over mine! I'd left them there the week before - doppy cow!!! :rolleyes:

Also, an instructor forgot to tell me that we were doing a roll-back entry into this lake, i was with 3 instructors, all disappeared and i am sitting there thinking "How on earth do i do this!" Never done one before that....i took advice from the boat handler who I had just previously had an arguement with - was confinced he was setting me up!

Other than that...I think thats all i forgotton so far! Touch wood! :mean:

Forgot my extra weights for 7 mil suit ,had to use 4-6lbs of 8oz egg sinkers(fishing weights)I do this a least once every year in the fall.Very used to diving polartec or skin.I usually have a small repair+spare kit on my boat,so I usually have what everyone else forgets.

I like this thread.....its nice to know I am not the only :confused: one here......!!!!

Hello,

Many times in the past i've forgotten my weights. I keep them on the front porch and forget to pack them. Guess this is why I have about 100# of lead :wink:

Ed

I do this often enough not to even be embarassed anymore. When gearing up, I'll put de-fog on my glasses! Luckily I've never jumped in the water with them on.

ScubaBaby ,

I am going to let you in on a big secret...EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD IS HUMAN! Thus, we have all been there, done that, and walked away with a look of chagrin on our faces! In other words, you will never be alone!

And, ain't the little ones nice! Congrads to all concerned!

Joewr...who also thinks grandchildren are neat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom