Forgotten gear ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. I've forgotten my hood and my weight belt. But, we were just talking about the time that I thought I was so prepared. I put the key to my car in my dry suit underwear pocket.

But when I finished the dive, I had put the wrong key in my suit and had to call a friend to come with my spare set.

At least I got the dive in!

Originally posted by Butch103
....Convince your buddy to go back to the hotel room to get your forgotten gear????

when next we meet Butch, be very afraid...

But I guess the secret's out now, yes 'twas I. Everything else was there --- just one small item I forget, and I don't hear the end of it from you or from OD! At least I got it before the last couple arrived for the diving.

I Go out with a great bunch and were going to hit this great wreck off the coast of Florida. I agree to drop in and tie off the bouy on the wreck. Five pulls on the line and the boat will tie off and every one will drop down. Boat drops me in and I Hit the wreck perfectly as I come down I see a huge Jew Fish just off the stern, well needless to say I tied off and went to say hello to the wreck's "Fish in Charge" and forgot all about everyone top side and the signal. After a little while I started to wonder where was everyone and started to head up the line to see if somthing happend. When I hit the surface they were all thinking something had happened and were preparing to come rescue me! OOPS, I was offered some choise phrases, a had som splan-in to dooo....
All in all it ended up a great dive and I never forget to signal no matter how big it looks underwater.....

Originally posted by DivingGal

when next we meet Butch, be very afraid...

But I guess the secret's out now, yes 'twas I. Everything else was there --- just one small item I forget, and I don't hear the end of it from you or from OD! At least I got it before the last couple arrived for the diving.

Perfectly understandable DG, the thought of seeing Bottom_Sucker, Butch, and I on the same boat wearing rubber causes most women to lose track of small things. Like ........ Oh I won't go there.

Originally posted by Ontario Diver

Perfectly understandable DG, the thought of seeing Bottom_Sucker, Butch, and I on the same boat wearing rubber causes most women to lose track of small things. Like ........ Oh I won't go there.

To para-phrase M. Chevalier in Gigia -- "ah yes, I remember it well" 3-guys in rubber... the side of the boat....

just kidding hon....:D

And we won't mention that I had left my wetsuit boots at home drying with the wife's...

Luckily for me Big John's son had his gear on board and loaned me a set. They actually fit better than mine.

On the Saturday before the dive, I loaded my gear and wifey's into truck to go for cleanup dive in canal 30 minutes from house. I commented on her purchase of a new lycra undersuit when packing the gear. When she asked me, "Did you get my suit, Dear?", I replied "Oh Yes".

Needless to say, we were about 10 minutes from the dive spot when she looks in back of truck cab and asks, "Where's my wetsuit?". We picked up Butch103 and I then made a solo, hurried trip home and back for suit.

Oh man a perfect weekend.......

I didn't say anything about who forgot their drysuit, I simply asked a generic question. (said indignetly)I can't help if you spilled the beans.hehehehe.

It was quite a wknd, Drysuits, wetsuits booties all forgotten hehe.

And yes 3 men all in rubber, of course one much bigger than the other two would keep one of the opposite gender in awe and forgetful.

Butch :peace:

On a dive weekend something like two hours away from home I forgot my dry suit!

The weather turned out to be too bad so we couldn't dive the first day. So while strolling around in the harbour I suddely realised that I forgot my drysuit. I tryed to get my nondiving boyfriend to fly it down to me - ufortunately the weater was also to bad for flying!

So I ended up driving all the way back and forth while the boys cooked dinner. And they've been real gentelmen - I have hardly ever been faced with the story since! That's buddys. :)

Pia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom