Fort Wetherill, Jamestown, RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Fort Wetherill yesterday for my Technical/Deco class checkout dive. We did simulated deco dive (actually went to only 50', but planned and decompressed as if it were 110'), and I would say for that particular purpose conditions were ideal! Night black at 50', about 2' visibility, bottom covered with silt, and surge at 20' made the hang a bit more interesting. You want to practice your tech skills, it is just the place. For anything else... I do not recommend it!

Curious coincidence -- my cumulative bottom time hit 168 hours on that dive. Exactly one week spent under water. :)

you just wanted to get the rest of those 40 mm shells... I was thinking I might head up on Monday, but I guess conditions don't look like they will be all that hot.

You're right about that! I'm willing to share, you did find them after all! Those are just so pristine it's a shame to leave'em there.

You're right about that! I'm willing to share, you did find them after all! Those are just so pristine it's a shame to leave'em there.

Love to get one.......would not like explaining to a mass state trooper what I was doing with 40mm Ammo

Love to get one.......would not like explaining to a mass state trooper what I was doing with 40mm Ammo

Tell'em to mind his/her own business. Why would you show it to them any way? There was a time I'd drive from Newport RI to Fall River Ma with a 1/2 dozen intact 40MM shells never had a LEO issue. That's what trunks, boxes and bags are for.

Tell'em to mind his/her own business. Why would you show it to them any way? There was a time I'd drive from Newport RI to Fall River Ma with a 1/2 dozen intact 40MM shells never had a LEO issue. That's what trunks, boxes and bags are for.
Just paranoid I guess....inherited a gun from my late Bro. and my wife got into handguns and now we shoot trap together....all the rules for locked guns, locked ammo,etc. etc. canfreak you out.....still putting it under with the spare is not beyond me!

Just paranoid I guess....inherited a gun from my late Bro. and my wife got into handguns and now we shoot trap together....all the rules for locked guns, locked ammo,etc. etc. canfreak you out.....still putting it under with the spare is not beyond me!

One of the reasons I moved out of MA. Just couldn't stand the wacko leftists libs that infest that state. RI isn't a lot better except for gun ownership, its a lot more reasonable. The 1st year the wacky gun control laws went into affect in MA the governor had to give the Vets marching in the Vets day parade special permission to march with PARADE RIFLES! Those aren't even real! What a bunch of A-holes running that state.

The govt. is suppose to be paranoid of the people not the other way around.

I bought some Muriatic Acid to clean those shells.

One of the reasons I moved out of MA. Just couldn't stand the wacko leftists libs that infest that state. RI isn't a lot better except for gun ownership, its a lot more reasonable. The 1st year the wacky gun control laws went into affect in MA the governor had to give the Vets marching in the Vets day parade special permission to march with PARADE RIFLES! Those aren't even real! What a bunch of A-holes running that state.

The govt. is suppose to be paranoid of the people not the other way around.

I bought some Muriatic Acid to clean those shells.

... and those of us in MA are glad to see people like you leave!

There ya go a perfect example! This poster wouldn't know me if he passed by me in a store but knows me well enough to be glad to see me go. I probably left MA before the poster was born.

Speaks for itself.

Jordan Considers me a pinko leftist, doesn't stop us from being dive buddies. His wife and my daughter's just roll their eyes if we start talking politics. So we talk diving....

Last edited:
Jordan Considers me a pinko leftist, doesn't stop us from being dive buddies. His wife and my daughter's just roll their eyes if we start talking politics. So we talk diving....

My wife is more conservative them I! You're just misguided buddy. :) Made a second attempt to recover those shells, no luck.:( A better dive then the last time, vis wasn't good and the current(s) seemed very different than usual. Stronger and more erratic. The surface current was pushing me West the bottom current pushed me South. Lots of Togs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom