Found a bag of money, guns and drugs,,.,??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I call BS

Just to play the devils advocate for a minute.
If we take it for granted the story is true. The diver recovered a bad with money, guns and some other substance. Without prior knowledge or testing at the scene we are assuming it was drugs but it could be something other. Also even if the guns are real who is to say that they weren't legally owned and therfore legally recovered and returned to the owners along with the money and the other substance.
Yes, the story sounds suspicious but that doesn't garrantee that a criminal act occured.

:rofl3: OP glad things turned out okay for you. Personally I wouldn't worry about some punks searching the internet to find ya. I would however phone the police, not that it would get you anywhere or they would be inclined to investigate but it is worth a try :idk: Couple drug dealers down may just save some kid somewhere - I mean there is still hope....

Like you, I would have been pretty shocked at what I had found and certainly not have doddled with them. It is too late now to re-do things and tell them you found nada but again I'd phone the police or go back and ask for your cut (j/k).

Recently, maybe two years ago, I ended up with a gun that had a silencer. Shaking I phoned an officer and was essentially told I messed his day up. He was close to retirement and didn't need the headache :shocked2::doh: Anyway, if you do call don't be surprised if they could care less but it is worth a shot at least IMO.

If you dont know whats in the bag untill you have it on the surface, how would you know to say you didnt find it?

I got a call form some guys at the lake friday night needing someone to dive for a bag they recently "lost" over the side of the boat... After a couple dive around 100' on sat. (yesterday), I find a rather large bag.. It was full of M*&*J, a couple pistols and cash.. :shocked2: . Not to say I did'nt get paid good... then I got outta there.. Has anyone else ever found themselves in a suituation like that???

What lake was this in???

Lodi is only 30 miles away from me and besides Folsom lake I can't think of many other's

Last edited:
I got a call form some guys at the lake friday night needing someone to dive for a bag they recently "lost" over the side of the boat... After a couple dive around 100' on sat. (yesterday), I find a rather large bag.. It was full of M*&*J, a couple pistols and cash.. :shocked2: . Not to say I did'nt get paid good... then I got outta there.. Has anyone else ever found themselves in a suituation like that???

That's the problem with the world today-people taking risks trying to make a fortune overnight. You did the right thing; stuck to something you knew (diving), made a respectable profit, then moved on. Very mature and responsible. BTW, why in the world did they open the bag in front of you?? That sounds like a sloppy business practice to me. And what is "M*&*J", some kind of candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hand?

Just to play the devils advocate for a minute.
If we take it for granted the story is true. The diver recovered a bad with money, guns and some other substance. Without prior knowledge or testing at the scene we are assuming it was drugs but it could be something other. Also even if the guns are real who is to say that they weren't legally owned and therfore legally recovered and returned to the owners along with the money and the other substance.
Yes, the story sounds suspicious but that doesn't garrantee that a criminal act occured.

Yeah....what they said. Maybe it was bags of baking soda to be put in the church refigerators to absorb the smelll from the bread and wine just before the ministers (who were in the boat and dropped the bag) went to make a donation to the charity that they were involved in "The Re-enactment of the Civil War with rubber guns". :D

All kidding aside, I do agree that while it is very suspect, nothing is known for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom