Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So tonight, I drove up to Key Largo and met with the Invade the Keys group. I had no idea about what happened earlier this week. These boards crashed due to so many people logging in to read this thread. Holy crap. I had no idea. I tried to apologize, but NetDoc told me it's a good thing, so I don't feel so bad.

It was GREAT meeting you tonight, and the teasing about your being the guy who crashed ScubaBoard was all in good fun. Thanks for returning the camera to its rightful owner. Will post the pic of you and NetDoc soon!

So tonight, I drove up to Key Largo and met with the Invade the Keys group. I had no idea about what happened earlier this week. These boards crashed due to so many people logging in to read this thread. Holy crap. I had no idea. I tried to apologize, but NetDoc told me it's a good thing, so I don't feel so bad.
Haha, I hadn't heard that. I noticed some wee hours down time for maintenance is all. Yeah, it's good; glad you got the link out there.

I finally went thru the last week of the local Plainview paper tonight. It was there Monday as well.

Netdoc and Aquahound meeting at the Pilot House Restaurant at ITK 2010. Aquahound, it was a real pleasure to meet you. May good karma follow you for all of your days for the wonderful thing you did to reunite camera and owner!

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 235
The story got a few paragraphs in a sidebar of the Sunday Viet Nam News today under the heading Sea turtle films self, becomes YouTube sensation! (page 13)

So reading this, aside from a great Samaritan Gesture, what I am having re enforced is to make sure there are not any embarrassing pictures on your camera when you go diving or anywhere else.
But it is cool that you are taking the time and effort to get the camera back to it's owner. Would love to see the picture of the Turtle stealing the thing though. Could be a learning tool for the rest of us.

I am not a diver... tried it once in a pool, vertigo... not pleasant. But I happened across this crazy video on YouTube and it led me here... Read all 51 pages to date and I have to say that this is one of the best human interest stories I have read in a long time. I only wish I had been able to contribute! Well done everyone and bravo Aquahound. This really is a remarkable story and an epic of deductive reasoning and detection!
Brian

This may include people that are already members, and wont cover those that joined and did not post, but it may be a place to start

Huzzah! I'm on the list! =D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom