Found Dive Light at Canoe Beach, Nahant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbirch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was diving at Canoe Beach, Nahant yesterday and came across an Ikelite Mini-C. I'm not sure how long it has been in the water but I opened it up and it all looks dry inside so If you lost one and you want it back then I have it and will be happy to return it to you.

Happy Diving!

That was almost certainly my backup light! Lost June 28th 2019. If it had Eneloop AA batteries with 3d-printed adapters that was definitely mine. I figured someone would find it eventually.

It's a crappy old light and I have tons of those batteries. Honestly I don't need it back, glad it's no longer a piece of marine debris! If it's useless to you and you ever want to meet up for a dive I'd be happy to grab it though. Love that dive site.

After months of lurking this post finally convinced me to sign up for an account here.

That was almost certainly my backup light! Lost June 28th 2019. If it had Eneloop AA batteries with 3d-printed adapters that was definitely mine. I figured someone would find it eventually.

It's a crappy old light and I have tons of those batteries. Honestly I don't need it back, glad it's no longer a piece of marine debris! If it's useless to you and you ever want to meet up for a dive I'd be happy to grab it though. Love that dive site.

After months of lurking this post finally convinced me to sign up for an account here.

Welcome to Scubaboard OTF!
Well, the good news is that when I took the light apart there was no sign at all of a leak. The not so good news is that it would not turn on, even with fresh batteries I could not get it to turn on. The bulb was fine but something in the switch contacts was not cooperating. The really bad news is that I had it hanging around on my desk for a couple of months to see if anyone would claim it and threw it out just a couple of weeks ago because I'm not short of dive lights, didn't want to fiddle with it and no one seemed to claim it so I'm glad that you don't seem too in love with it!

No problem. How encrusted was the outside after a few months underwater?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom