Found Watch in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edclee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If anyone knows of someone who lost a diving watch in Cozumel recently, let me know what it was and describe it. We found it buried in the sand with only the band showing.

Might work better to change the title to Found Watch, and ask respondents to form a double line. :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a Mickey Mouse that doesn't run and is permanently set on 5:01? If it is, it *should* be mine....

My $20 Casio watch served me well thru several years on the original battery - diving, working, climbing hills, etc. and still works - but one of the daughter's pups chewed the band up. I just bough another $20 watch.

Nice of you to post this Ed. One of our friends dropped his SeaLife camera when we down there just a few weeks ago. As he went to go get it another diver swooped in and snagged it and took off. We had the captain put out a call over the radio but no one called back. So our friend is out $700.

Last edited:
I lost one while diving BUT that was in Dec 2000 so I seriously doubt it's mine. Couldn't get by without one so had to buy one there which strangely enough didn't last all that long before needing replacement.

If it's Rolex, Omega, or nice Seiko, it's mine. :cool2:

(and I'd be tempted to turn off the air of the guy that sniped my dropped camera.)

A woman on my dive boat last week lost her GoPro and a call went out - no answer. 2 days later it was found and the DM who found it put a call out. Thought everything was fine until the boats got together between dives and he wanted $100 US for it. He was an independent, he and our DM went back and forth, but without $100 he wouldn't give it up. You should of seen the expressions of the divers on his boat. Sad. I'll leave it up to her to post name etc if she want.

If anyone knows of someone who lost a diving watch in Cozumel recently, let me know what it was and describe it. We found it buried in the sand with only the band showing.

PM sent

Back
Top Bottom