found wreck...need ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a feeling this wreck is known to exist here. It would be kinda strange to have a ship of this size( I'm guessing 100+feet) sink so close to populated areas and it not be known. I really don't think it will be anything of importance, but it seems really strange that the local fishermen we talked to didn't know about it. I'm thinking I just haven't talked to the right person or read the right database on wrecks.
QUOTE]

Maybe not...

How deep is said wreck? sounds like you have a great find. :wink:

Update: Disreguard the first update! After a little more cleaning the valve does NOT say KANE it says CRANE!!!!! Crane valves has been around since 1855. This means the wreck could be much older. I thought it was wierd that it would have a valve made by a japanese company from that time period but who knew? I still haven't found a date on anything but I'll talk to Crane valves hopefully later today.

I agree with this whole heartedly. When can I come up and dive with you guys! :D

I second that! :D

I posted another thread, but I thought I would include it here as well. Where on a scotch type boiler would you find the brass data tag? We're gonna try and get back to the wreck in the next two weeks. Were the data tags typically riveted on?

Long time since anyone posted on this thread... Anyone know if the wreck was ever identified? Im goin to be heading up that way sometime this summer, would love to dive it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom