Fourth Element Proteus II ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F_Raven

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m currently using an Omer 7mm 2 piece wetsuit for diving ( I understand that it’s a spear fishing spec. wetsuit, something I was interested in before diving). I very much like the suit & how it keeps me warmer than standard 7mm diving wetsuits because of how tight it is & so forth. My question is that I’m interested in going toward purchasing a fourth element Proteus 5mm because my current wetsuit is too buoyant due to the doubling up of 7mm in the waist. Any opinions and or feelings about the Proteus? Thank You.

I have fourth element separate top, which I love. I tried on the Proteus. It's quality construction but the seals on the wrists, ankles and neck are tight. I'm 6 feet 180 lbs with pretty average wrists and ankles, and couldn't get into the large size. I think the extra large would have too much material around the waist and thighs for me. Bottom line is that I think you need to try it on to see if the fit works for you.

Back
Top Bottom