France Park Oct 6 & 7 in Logansport, IN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jendra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Feel free to join me this weekend for a weekend of diving at France Park in Logansport, Indiana.
I plan to arrive at France Park on Saturday, October 6th by 11:00 am, set up my tent (in the electric area) and start diving around 1:00pm. Larry and Daelene from the The Diving Den: Intro , have graciously offered to stay later to allow us to have a night dive that evening too. Diving will be open on Saturday approximately from 9:00am-10:00pm. They may close for a short period to go grab a bite to eat…but we will plan to have a night dive getting into the water at 6:45. For those wanting, you may be able to do a second night dive but everyone must be out of the water by 10:00pm. Don't forget your underwater flashlights and glow sticks!
I will have a crockpot of creamy wild rice soup to eat around 5:30 and a crockpot of warm water to make hot chocolate to drink that I am willing to share with others if everyone would like to join me. Feel free to bring another item to share with everyone and your own paper items. Hopefully someone brings stuff for S’mores for later! :)
I will plan to camp in the electric area. Anyone is welcome to set up by/around me if you like. We can share the campfire. That area is also closest to the warm showers! J
On Sunday, the Indy Divers Supply will host their annual Treasure Hunt Diver's Supply Indy - Scuba for all Levels of Diving It is best to call them at 317-897-2822 and register at least over the phone so they can bring enough prizes and food.
The fee:
$2.00 park entrance fee
$10.00 diving fee
$15.00 Divers Supply fee which includes a prize (depending what you draw) and a warm lunch.
The Treasure Hunt dive briefing begins at 11:00 am. Many choose to do a dive beforehand because the viz can get a little mucky due to all the divers there for the treasure hunt. Diving will be open from 9:00am-5:00pm on Sunday.

If you have any questions... let me know!
I hope to see many of you there!

Jen,

Sounds like a great weekend planned.

Alas, I have a wedding to attend Saturday.

Hoping you have good viz and weather, and will see you in a few weeks.

Dave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom