Frayed Seams on Halcyon Eclipse 32 lb outer shell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The seams on my Halcyon Eclipse outer shell have frayed on the inside and the seam is separating and the bladder is showing.

The Wing is not used much and was bought about 4 years ago.

The seams are not folded or rolled so the fraying was inevitable.

Are the newer ones constructed the same way?

Is this covered by any form of warranty?

---------- Post added October 14th, 2014 at 02:04 PM ----------

So I took it apart and took better photos of the fraying. Seems it is a 30 lbs. wing and was manufactured in 2007. Regardless, it has not received much use and the reason I took it out of storage was my daughter has not been using it and I decided to try a BP and wings.

I first came upon the seams fraying when I inflated the wing during after rinsing. This is what it looked like from outside:
10636051_751033854969448_2571970879073187570_n.jpg

I then decided to investigate further and this is what I saw inside:
10710693_751033891636111_7906908774813125924_n.jpg

Is this typical experience for Eclipse Wings?

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can you send me the contact details of your Asian distributor? Perhaps, I can contact them directly if I don't hear from them soon.

Are the new outer shells still constructed with the same fabric and manner of stitching? I would be apprehensive about buying a new outer shell if no changes have been implemented.

Last edited:
I was feeling quite positive about a replacement after reading other threads or topics on the same issue and how Halcyon had responded in those cases. It is an old thread but describes the same exact issue. Only difference is mine was packed away in storage.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...lcyon-eclipse-user-ii-fraying-wings-seam.html

So DISAPPOINTED to hear from the local dealer that Halcyon is not replacing the outer shell. Already ordered the replacement which I had to pay $156. :depressed:

So now I wonder why the premium for an H. :idk::idk::idk:

Hi not try to hijack TS post.

I also have same problem, but I decided to change the outer wing (wing Protective cover) that very easily frayed...
Where I can buy the outer wing only since other parts eg. Inner bladder, LPI, dump valve still great...

Best wishes,
Mukti
Indonesia

I had the same issue w/ my eclipse. Some aquaseal solved the problem. Also be careful when changing tanks. Do not use the handle to lift the BC - use the shoulder harness instead. The "handle" on the wing may be convenient but I don't think it was made for that purpose.

I had the same issue w/ my eclipse. Some aquaseal solved the problem. Also be careful when changing tanks. Do not use the handle to lift the BC - use the shoulder harness instead. The "handle" on the wing may be convenient but I don't think it was made for that purpose.

Aquaseal to go if frayed not to large..
However I have seen online store selling the halcyon inner bladder, but never see one sell the outer/cover.

There are "generic" outer shells available. You can transfer your "H" patch to the new shell if that is important to you.

give me link who sell outer only please :)

Back
Top Bottom