Free diving in thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any DC or club that practise free diving anywhere in thailand? Is skin diving another form or early stage of free diving, and to what dept and time? I feel free diving for 3 minutes at 10-15 meters depth is as exciting as 30mins at 30 meters depth with scuba. I searched google nothing came up about thailand

I can hold my breath for 1m30s in Static Apnea (Static Apnea, men world record: Tom Sietas ,Germany, 8m58s) and constant weight for 4meters deep( Constant Weight, men world record, without fins: Martin Štìpánek -Czech Republic- 80 meters) only

I haven't done any training for this so fare, Can i ask what parameters are expected for avarege person after undergoing some intense training for lung expansion? Do you think it's easy to reach like 5 minutes or depth 30 meters (it's nowhere close to what best in the world have acheived)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-diving
It's amazing what boundries some human can break? Also check the external links
for some of most popular site on free diving.

Moderators:
I know this isn't right forum for this question, since i live in asia, so may be i could hook up with some free diver here
Thank you

I found this in deeperblue

www.apnea-total.com
they are located in Tao, anyone have comment on this like course duration (two days seems very short) and level of participants?

Diver_City Boys:
www.apnea-total.com
they are located in Tao, anyone have comment on this like course duration (two days seems very short) ....
On the contrary, two days is a very long time to be apnea diving.

Do you mean two days is too boring to be free diving or too much of time to dedicte
learning free diving?

If second one, i was thinking course duration is realy too short for taking you to 12even meters deep (forget 18 meters) , Free diving is extreem sport and very dangerous if you try to push yourself to your best, You can die very easy and i wouldn't try that

I read some thread in deeperblue, where a diver dead in just 6 feet water, who went diving without someone watching him from above

i think Zippsy meant that 2 days is an awful long time to hold your breath for :wink:

F UNit:
i think Zippsy meant that 2 days is an awful long time to hold your breath for :wink:

well, depand what i'm doing, i like to hold my breath somtimes

here is another info, for those intersted
----------------------------------------------------------
Freedive in THAILAND
All...beguiner to master instructor

Start date:2006-11-01, Koh Lanta, Thailand
created by "Francisco Gautier "
You can email bzugo80@yahoo.fr <bzugo80@yahoo.fr> if you need addicional information.

From November to April, Blue Planet Divers organise freediving courses. We certificate all AIDA levels in excellent conditions...shallow beguinner dives. Deeeeep sled dives. Koh Lanta is a true paradise to freedive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom