Free download - A Guide to the Identification of Seahorses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Download at DiveBooks.Net (65 MB)

"Lourie, S. A., Sarah J. Foster, Ernest W. T. Cooper, and Amanda C. J. Vincent. A Guide to the Identification of Seahorses. 2004.

Project Seahorse and TRAFFIC North America, Washington D.C., University of British Columbia and World Wildlife Fund.

Project Seahorse and TRAFFIC are pleased to announce the publication of a new guide to the identification of seahorses. The new book is based on Seahorses: A guide to the world's species and their conservation by Sara Lourie, Amanda Vincent and Heather Hall (Project Seahorse, 1999), and has been updated with new descriptions and trade information.

The new guide is being distributed to customs agents around the world to help them implement the new listing of seahorses on Appendix II of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).

The illustrations in this book were done by Laurence Richardson."

Ok... I've tried this several times and it says the file is damaged and cannot be repaired. :shocked2: Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

I filled out the form, signed up, and didn't get anything out of it.
My guess, it is a site out of Singapore, fishing for information on divers.
Think it is long on promise short on delivery.

I would stay away. If I get the download, I will post back here.

jcf

Download worked for me:
http://www.divebooks.net/download/seahorseid.pdf
Didn't have to sign up for anything.

Perhaps try right-clicking on the link and either "save link as" or "save target as", depending on your software.
Caution: It is a big file (65 Meg).

I didn't know there were so many species (32).

Download worked for me:

Perhaps try right-clicking on the link and either "save link as" or "save target as", depending on your software.

Yes, Knotical, need not have to sign-up for the download. This is is for all divers for the Christmas Season! A special gift for all.

The link is within the page. Where "Download here" is and yes it is a really big PDF file. 65MB.

Download worked for me:

jcf

Jcf,
As mentioned, the form does not do anything unless you are purchasing books from the site. Where it would need details and payment to send the book over to you.

The site is hosted overseas but the legal business is registered in Singapore. There is no need for the business to be fishing for information.

For the 65MB file, there is a limitation to the bandwidth if everyone is trying to download the file. Do try again.

Cheers

Go to line 20 - "Complete ID Guide (65 MB). Download here"

Click on "here" (or right click and "Download Linked File").

OR use this link http://www.divebooks.net/download/seahorseid.pdf

Go to line 20 - "Complete ID Guide (65 MB). Download here"

Click on "here" (or right click and "Download Linked File").

OR use this link http://www.divebooks.net/download/seahorseid.pdf

Well if your going to click on the download link direct, defeats the purpose of having a look at the website as well right?

For those that have downloaded, perhaps you might want to leave a testimonial with us?

Testimonial

Well if your going to click on the download link direct, defeats the purpose of having a look at the website as well right?

Hence I gave the two options... :)

The "direct link" is for the folks who are obviously having major problems figuring out how to download (and perhaps drawing some unintended conclusions about the website).

The direct link doesn't work and the download link on the main page has been removed.
I guess that means it was a "limited time offer" :D
If it comes back up please let us know.
Thanks,
Rick
---
Update - I must have caught 'em in the middle of a change.
Link on the main page has been fixed, and the direct link is now here.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom