Free download - A Guide to the Identification of Seahorses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is is for all divers for the Christmas Season! A special gift for all. The link is within the page. Where "Download here" is and yes it is a really big PDF file. 65MB.

Go to line 20 - "Complete ID Guide (65 MB). Download here" Click on "here" (or right click and "Download Linked File"). OR use this link http://www.divebooks.net/download/seahorseid.pdf

I've done both of these and they still don't work... help!

The direct link doesn't work and the download link on the main page has been removed.
I guess that means it was a "limited time offer" :D
If it comes back up please let us know.
Thanks,
Rick
---
Update - I must have caught 'em in the middle of a change.
Link on the main page has been fixed, and the direct link is now here.
Rick

It looks like it is gone again.

I can't even find the book on the site through their search facility.

Keith

Just a follow up:

I did click on the original link. It took me to a bookstore and said I could buy the book for $0. So I put it in my cart, went through the check out process, and no link was ever provided on the page. I not only did this once, I did it twice.

I came back, posted my issue.

I came back here again to see if my issue was addressed and someone had posted a direct link. I followed that link and it did dowload the Seahorse ID book. It took a while, even on Cable Modem. I downloaded close to 180mb for a 65+mb file - go figure.

End result, I do have the SeaHorse ID Booklet.

Thank you for distributing it. Looks like a lot of interesting information.

Best

JcF

It looks like it was dropped from their site (not available through their search); BUT a google search on the titles turns up the home page to the project where it is downloadable.

Project Seahorse | News
http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/pdfs/IDguide/Seahorse_ID_Guide_2004.pdf

You can skip the bookstores attempts to get us to search their site and get the publication FREE from the source.

Keith

Keith.. yes we have taken down the file for obvious reason and therefore it will not show in our search results.
The download was FREE from our site and without our efforts to search for it in the first place, you guys would not have known it existed.
So much for spreading a little spirit of giving and not even a word of thanks.

All: P.S. By linking the file directly, it is considered hotlinking, pls google that and find out if it is ethical and legal.

Peace out.

Last edited:
The download was FREE from our site and without our efforts to search for it in the first place, you guys would not have known it existed. So much for spreading a little spirit of giving and not even a word of thanks

Well I for one would like to say Thank You!! I finally figured it out and got the download.

The gesture was in the true spirit of giving and it is a shame... we would NOT have known it existed if you hadn't presented it to us.

We have started to go to the Blue Heron Bridge in Palm Beach, Florida and there are TONS of seahorses... this will come in very handy. Thank you again and Happy Holidays :santa4:

Vie.... I did get it downloaded so thank you as well for the offer to send it. :D

Many thanks to I-NSC for showing us how to get this valuable library addition.
We appreciate that you tried to offer it through your site and understand completely the need to clear bandwidth & move it off when demand got too high.
Rick

Well I think it was very cool to offer this to us...even if I can't get it now. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom